Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse professional debut (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matts is a prime example of how experience improves a fighter. He's always had a nice right hand, good power, etc. However, fighting respectable opposition and different styles helps you hone your skills and increases your boxing IQ, even if you lose. He's a KO artist at heart, but he can be more if he chooses to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
      lol i don't know. Mullets are disgusting. A couple of years back they were really popular in the working class. Now you don't see them as much as a couple of years back. Somehow argentine boxers have this tendency to the mullet, maybe to look wild or something.
      The horrible tatoo thing i believe is something related with jail. It's a Do it yourself tatoo. In prison they tatoo themself to inflict themself pain and all that stuff. I believe in order to look tough there is an influence of the "Tatuaje tumbero", tatoo from the tomb, tomb=jail.
      Those arent jail tats, Matthysse has never been in serious problems with the law other than (big surprise) getting into street fights pretty often when younger and that sort of thing. He's never done time.
      Matthysse is a tatoo artist, he did those himself which is pretty cool actually. At some point he run a tatto parlor, I believe he still owns the place.

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      Watch Frank Ducketts use this as proof Garcia will win the fight
      Why Garcia will win according to Frank Ducketts.
      "So this morning I went to KFC and bought a bucket full of fried chicken. As I walked out of the place I saw an employee that had a name tag that said Lucy. Lucy and Lucas both start with the letter L, so I threw her my bucket full of chicken wings as a distraction and caught her with a left hook. She later kicked my ass but I think that Matthysse is exposed. This woman had a horrible defense, and her name being so similar to Lucas Matthysse, well, its pretty obvious that if Lucy form KFC cant take my left hook, then Matthysse cant win against Garcia for obvious reason".

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Matts is a prime example of how experience improves a fighter. He's always had a nice right hand, good power, etc. However, fighting respectable opposition and different styles helps you hone your skills and increases your boxing IQ, even if you lose. He's a KO artist at heart, but he can be more if he chooses to be.
        His trainer Cuty Barrera says it's the other way around:

"After Lucas was robbed against Devon Alexander and Jab Zudah, I insisted that sometimes he has to look a little less technical, but be more forceful and finish the fights, and he has been doing it. I asked him to be a little more of a fighter and a little less of a boxer. And many people believe he is just a knockout artist, but Lucas actually is primarily a boxer with a lot of resources".

Cuty Barrera talks about Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by FromBA View Post

"After Lucas was robbed against Devon Alexander and Jab Zudah, I insisted that sometimes he has to look a little less technical, but be more forceful and finish the fights, and he has been doing it. I asked him to be a little more of a fighter and a little less of a boxer. And many people believe he is just a knockout artist, but Lucas actually is primarily a boxer with a lot of resources".

Ain't that somethin? Well I stand corrected lol. His recent style and results say that he's a KO artist though, but it's interesting that he doesn't view himself that way. Maybe being caught in the middle is what makes him the fighter he is. He has power, but his personality won't allow him to get consumed by it and abandon his other traits.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FromBA View Post

yeah he's always been more of a boxer, if you watch his first fights, he's always picking his shots and working behind a jab.
            But he has monstrous power and being a slugger suits him better, kind of like fernando montiel, but montiel still tries to box pretty much everytime

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
              Those arent jail tats, Matthysse has never been in serious problems with the law other than (big surprise) getting into street fights pretty often when younger and that sort of thing. He's never done time.
              Matthysse is a tatoo artist, he did those himself which is pretty cool actually. At some point he run a tatto parlor, I believe he still owns the place.
              I wasn't talking about Matthysse, i was talking about argentine boxers in general.
              This kind of tatoo...

Comment

Lol those are some god awful tats. I need to update my worst tattoos in boxing thread.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post

Why Garcia will win according to Frank Ducketts.
                  "So this morning I went to KFC and bought a bucket full of fried chicken. As I walked out of the place I saw an employee that had a name tag that said Lucy. Lucy and Lucas both start with the letter L, so I threw her my bucket full of chicken wings as a distraction and caught her with a left hook. She later kicked my ass but I think that Matthysse is exposed. This woman had a horrible defense, and her name being so similar to Lucas Matthysse, well, its pretty obvious that if Lucy form KFC cant take my left hook, then Matthysse cant win against Garcia for obvious reason".
                  #bodyshots

Comment

Working...
                  X