• Show
Clear All

harold sucks so much. easy round for LM

Comment

Just checked my RBR, Gave it to Lucas.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=570643

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        easy round for matthysse, he imposed his will on him, you could tell towards the end of the round that Zab had that look in his eye, the "I've had enough" look that he seems to get late in fights

some nice body shots by lucas too
        yea man exactly what i saw! lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Just checked my RBR, Gave it to Lucas.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=570643
          great thread you had there ... that alexander fight yikes! that is all

Comment

Really fail to see how this was a robbery by any means... if you take Zab's dominant ring generalship in the early rounds, there really is a legitimate argument for him winning the fight 114-113

Not that this translates to the fighter Matthysse is now.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Really fail to see how this was a robbery by any means... if you take Zab's dominant ring generalship in the early rounds, there really is a legitimate argument for him winning the fight 114-113

I fully agree. I know others don't, and I understand their viewpoint, but that fight can be scored 114-113 for Judah. The 2 judges that scored it for Judah did score it that way, so I can't get mad and I can't call it a robbery.

I scored it for Matthysse, but whatevs.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

This thing about Judah's 'ring generalship' in this fight is pretty flawed in my opinion. I remember in the last thread about that fight ( ) I broke down the 4th, as it was one of those rounds that seemed to divide people:

Here's the thing. Judah lands almost nothing in this round. He scores with a nice double jab with about 30 seconds left, and he scores with a hook right before the bell. That's it though.

The best shot of the round by far is a Matthysse short right hand on the inside with about 2.42 on the clock. On top of that, Matthysse scores with three clear bodyshots in the second minute of the round, including a nice left uppercut to the right of Zab's body with about 1.23 on the clock.

The most prolonged exchange of the round comes in the 5 seconds before the bell. Matthysse steps to his left avoiding a Judah jab, and lands a right to Zab's stomach. Zab counters with his best shot of the round, a left hook, which Lucas answers with another straight right bodyshot. Zab tries to land another jab before the bell, but Lucas lands another straight right to the body.

If we are to score this round on punches landed, then it is a clear Matthysse round. Zab lands one power shot in the round.

I cannot see a way to give this round to Zab based on scoring shots. There is also no real way to award him the round on the basis of ring generalship, given that neither guy has real control in that respect. Zab throws a lot of air jabs, and Lucas throws a lot of bodyshots that Zab evades.

Again, it seems to come down to guys not scoring bodywork, which based on the arguments I've seen (and to be fair RBTKO is one of the very few who's offered one) seems to be the cause of a few people not seeing this fight for Lucas.
                Most of the people who gave Judah this fight (or have it close) seem to think he won this round. There's just no way that he did. You break down that fight and you find one guy is landing the significant shots, and the other is throwing largely ineffectual jabs that his home crowd is cheering.

In any case, the good thing that came out of this and the Alexander fight is Matthysse's commitment to winning rounds big these days. He's upped his pace massively and it's made a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  This thing about Judah's 'ring generalship' in this fight is pretty flawed in my opinion. I remember in the last thread about that fight ( ) I broke down the 4th, as it was one of those rounds that seemed to divide people:

Most of the people who gave Judah this fight (or have it close) seem to think he won this round. There's just no way that he did. You break down that fight and you find one guy is landing the significant shots, and the other is throwing largely ineffectual jabs that his home crowd is cheering.

In any case, the good thing that came out of this and the Alexander fight is Matthysse's commitment to winning rounds big these days. He's upped his pace massively and it's made a big difference.
                  Yes I respect your opinion. My argument wasn't to say Zab should have won this fight clearly, but to say there is a legitimate argument that Zab won this fight.

Even beyond this though, even if you don't believe he won the fight, you can at least admit the fight was close, close enough to not be labelled as a robbery.

I can see how you view this fight, and I respect it. I feel it does Zab a gross injustice to say that this win was illegitimate (i'm not accusing you of this, just in general). I wholeheartedly agree that this shouldn't translate to Matthysse as he is now. I think he has learnt from this loss, and the robbery against Alexander. I think the Alexander fight has started a bandwagon whereby the Judah fight is somehow a robbery, when theres a legitimate case for him losing it

Comment

That's a 10-9 round for Matts.

Comment

The response is this thread ( regarding the 9th round) is why I think the term robbery is thrown around to much. It was a 50:50 round, I wouldn't have a complaint is someone gave the round to Matthysse or Judah, as it depends on how you look at things.

Comment

Working...
                      X