No announcement yet.

Someone explain to me how Pacquiao is ducking Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone explain to me how Pacquiao is ducking Martinez

Martinez has been fighting at 154 for 8 or 9 years and his last 3 fights have been at Middleweight, while Pacquiao has fought at 140-147 in his last 4 fights before he fought Marg at 150. So somehow since Martinez is the MW champ and knocked out Williams Pacquiao is already ducking him? He can't even be ducking at all because Martinez said himself Pac is too small for him. Pac weighed in under 145 for his last fight and 148 tops on fight night and he has to fight for MW title or he is ducking? what the fuck is that?

Its actually easy.

Pac is jmw champ because he beat a guy the same size as Martinez in Margarito.

Pac also claimed Foreman was too big for him, but fought and beat the guy that knocked out Foreman.

How is Pac too small, but Cotto is not?

People expect Cotto and Fraud to fight Martinez as well, but they claim Pac is too small, even though those same people claim they want to see Pac/Fraud.

Its all too inconsistent for me.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer#1 View Post
      Martinez has been fighting at 154 for 8 or 9 years and his last 3 fights have been at Middleweight, while Pacquiao has fought at 140-147 in his last 4 fights before he fought Marg at 150. So somehow since Martinez is the MW champ and knocked out Williams Pacquiao is already ducking him? He can't even be ducking at all because Martinez said himself Pac is too small for him. Pac weighed in under 145 for his last fight and 148 tops on fight night and he has to fight for MW title or he is ducking? what the fuck is that?
      Haters just gotta hate, that's all. Negotiations haven't started yet, with Team pac simply weighing their options, and people are already making their own assumptions on who he's fighting and at what weight, and CRITICIZING him for actions they ASSUME he's gonna make.

Hate promotes stupidity and this is a perfect example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
        Its actually easy.

Pac is jmw champ because he beat a guy the same size as Martinez in Margarito.

Pac also claimed Foreman was too big for him, but fought and beat the guy that knocked out Foreman.

How is Pac too small, but Cotto is not?

People expect Cotto and Fraud to fight Martinez as well, but they claim Pac is too small, even though those same people claim they want to see Pac/Fraud.

Its all too inconsistent for me.
        That's because you are assuming people don't change their minds. Roach himself at one time said that Margarito was simply too big for Pac.

And we know how that went.

Also, don't listen to all the rumors. Just observe what the fighters say and what they do and keep in mind the context or what the situation was when they said it.

Comment

Everybody within Pac's weight class wants to fight him and hype their credentials because "He is the MAN" right now and whoever fights him will earn a "**** Load" amount of money but not neccessarily that they can Beat Him. Martinez is just the same!

Comment

Those criticizing Pacquiao for not wanting to face Martinez are under the assumption that Pacquiao intends to keep fighting much larger opponents. Pacquiao realizes that he can't keep fighting bigger opponents unless he wants to suffer brain damage, so his fight with Margarito was a one-time foray in the middleweight division. He even admitted that Margarito was too big for him, and now intends on fighting at 147 or less. Nobody should blame Pacquiao for this decision.

None of these criticisms of Pacquiao change the fact that he's clearly boxing's P4P champion and the boxer with the best record. Haters just love to nitpick the tiniest details. And don't tell me that Martinez is better than Pacquiao and Mayweather in the P4P standings. I can also nitpick Sergio's recent performances by claiming that he couldn't even eek a decisive win over Cintron, that he beat a Kelly Pavlik who was exposed by old-man Hopkins, and that he's still 1-1 with Williams.

Comment

sorry but i cant agree with you saying Martinez couldnt eke a win over Cintron. He dominated Cintron the whole fight. Knocked him out only to have the ref start the fight again, and should've got a huge decision win. At least 10 rounds to 2

Comment

Originally posted by boxer#1 View Post
                he is ducking everyone

Comment

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
                  Those criticizing Pacquiao for not wanting to face Martinez are under the assumption that Pacquiao intends to keep fighting much larger opponents. Pacquiao realizes that he can't keep fighting bigger opponents unless he wants to suffer brain damage, so his fight with Margarito was a one-time foray in the middleweight division. He even admitted that Margarito was too big for him, and now intends on fighting at 147 or less. Nobody should blame Pacquiao for this decision.

None of these criticisms of Pacquiao change the fact that he's clearly boxing's P4P champion and the boxer with the best record. Haters just love to nitpick the tiniest details. And don't tell me that Martinez is better than Pacquiao and Mayweather in the P4P standings. I can also nitpick Sergio's recent performances by claiming that he couldn't even eek a decisive win over Cintron, that he beat a Kelly Pavlik who was exposed by old-man Hopkins, and that he's still 1-1 with Williams.

You almost sounded somewhat credible until that point.

Comment

He really is too small. Its not that he cant fight these guys, its just that he cant maintain fighting guys that big that many times. It takes a toll on his body.

Comment

Working...
                    X