Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez. Who Wins. Public Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin is Cotto's mandatory, the fight has to happen or Canelo will need to vacate.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      No contest. Canelo just isn't great at anything. Hand speed being his greatest asset but he can't set up his punches most of the time. His people shouldn't let him in the ring with GGG, honestly.
      Sounds like a scared GGG fan

Comment

I see GGG stopping Canelo with a body shot, also if Cotto could keep him off with the jab in the early rounds than he is not getting past GGGs jab.

Comment

Close fight for 3 or 4 rounds until Canelo gets caught with something big. GGG by TKO in the 9th rd

Comment

I see Golovkin bossing Alvarez for 7-9 rounds with his jab before it's stopped.

I would be more excited to see Golovkin fight the Quillin/Jacobs winner. If you figure Golovkin won't fight til May for Alvarez, I'd rather see a March fight with Lara and a June fight with Quillin/Jacobs and let Alvarez establish himself more.

Comment

Damn no confidence in Canelo lol

Comment

I think canelo is a more skilled than anyone GGG has faced. I think it can go 12 rounds. canelo's defense is great and his counter punching is his best asset. He will be on the defensive once he feels GGG's power..... the only thing that makes me doubt it goes 12 is Canelo's poor footwork, if GGG can get to him.

I would love to see this fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  I see Golovkin bossing Alvarez for 7-9 rounds with his jab before it's stopped.

I would be more excited to see Golovkin fight the Quillin/Jacobs winner. If you figure Golovkin won't fight til May for Alvarez, I'd rather see a March fight with Lara and a June fight with Quillin/Jacobs and let Alvarez establish himself more.
                  is his jab really that great? I can see canelo countering his jab.

I agree though that I would rather see this fight late next year to give more time to improve canelo, im not sold on his trainers though. I dont care what happens with the belt as long as GGG-Canelo gets made.

Comment

I'll say wide UD for GGG. I think Canelo will be cautious and is pretty big though I guess since Canelo tires out early, ref would stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
                      I see GGG stopping Canelo with a body shot, also if Cotto could keep him off with the jab in the early rounds than he is not getting past GGGs jab.
                      I posted this eailer too, The body shots Cotto was landing, i wonder if that was GGG how would Canelo take it. But what really surprised me is Canelo didn't rock Cotto once. Even Floyd wobbled and rocked Cotto with the uppercut in the 12th.

Comment

Working...
                      X