Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslim and Christian children are less generous than Atheist ones.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betmen View Post
    That's very true, churches and mosques tell childrens to share also others moral education. i dont see this kind of intitutions in atheist family and parents often neglect moral education, they often leave the educational part to school and as we all know school did not do enough in moral education.
    You have it flipped, the study says religious kids are less generous than those who do not believe in a god.

You don't need to get morals from religion, not in the modern world, humans are social animals that have evolved an intelligence and physical features which allows us to effectively communicate emotionally with each other.

As an atheist myself, I've always been a generous and empathetic person. I fully comprehend this is my one and only life, and it's the same for everything else. It gives you a brand new perspective which makes you really value life, and how you approach life in general.

Comment

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...are-jerks.html

Title made me laugh: Study: Religious Kids Are Jerks

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
        'Believe' is the wrong word IMO, should probably be something more along the lines of 'motivated by'. Many christians give simply to help out those in need. Said Christians know they will be rewarded, but its not their motivation. Their motivation is to help the unfortunate.

At the end of the day tho, giving is better than not giving, regardless of the motives.
        Good points.

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
        http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...are-jerks.html

Title made me laugh: Study: Religious Kids Are Jerks
        lol

Comment

Most religious people I've known have been POS hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            I dont think its true to say atheist families neglect moral teachings. They just dont base morality on ancient religious texts and myths.
            Most kids books have some moral context.

Morality shouldnt be built upon such a unstable, fragile, bizarre foundation like religious faith. It carries with it a massive load of confusing issues ideas.
            Morals and ethics are difficult enough to deal with without the burden of damnation and so-called divine truths.
            I wont argue about religion's morality, the mosque teach me alot of confusing things. they teach me to hate jews for christ sake. but they also teach me about compassion and empathy. one of my memories about mosque school is feeding homeless and village residents every ramadhan, idk where the mosque get the funds for feeding hundreds of people everyday for a month.

i also see this kind real life application of moral teaching in churces sunday school (defienetly in my country idk if it happen in u.s)

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            You have it flipped, the study says religious kids are less generous than those who do not believe in a god.

You don't need to get morals from religion, not in the modern world, humans are social animals that have evolved an intelligence and physical features which allows us to effectively communicate emotionally with each other.

As an atheist myself, I've always been a generous and empathetic person. I fully comprehend this is my one and only life, and it's the same for everything else. It gives you a brand new perspective which makes you really value life, and how you approach life in general.
            Yes we dont need morals from religion if parents and school can manage them, but they cant. many of them too busy and neglect moral teaching and school are ful of holes. just look at the kids now, we have many 11 years old teenager take nude selfie deliberately atracting pedos.

i am an atheist my self but me and you are adult we can see brand new perspective which makes you really value life, and how you approach life in general. but childrens need more guidance.

Comment

Working...
            X