Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marquez ducking Manny Pacquiao with this Goldenboy deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Are you sure?
    Haven't seen or read an interview where Pac said otherwise. Seen plenty of him saying he'd fight Floyd but haven't seen any about him mentioning Marquez. I've read of Roach saying he wanted to shut Marquez up but nothing from Pac. If you know of any interviews please post the link.

Comment

Maybe because he's a ****ing lightweight and pac wants to fight him at 147? ****ing moron

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Haven't seen or read an interview where Pac said otherwise. Seen plenty of him saying he'd fight Floyd but haven't seen any about him mentioning Marquez. I've read of Roach saying he wanted to shut Marquez up but nothing from Pac. If you know of any interviews please post the link.
        So last year when the original Floyd and Pac negotiations fell through cuz of drug testing. And, Pac was looking for an opponent for and reached out to GBP to make a JMM fight. Was not showing interest?

Comment

So last year when the original Floyd and Pac negotiations fell through cuz of drug testing. And, Pac was looking for an opponent for and reached out to GBP to make a JMM fight. Was not showing interest?
          I don't recall any talks with them after the first Floyd negotiations broke down, I just remember Clottey being signed within a week of the negotiations going bad. Like I said, if you know of any articles or links stating that talks did happen please let me know.

Comment

Just because a fighter goes out to the media every time and mentions another fighter name. Doesn't really mean that they're interested in fighting.

People always place the blame on Pac for the JMM fights not taking place. But, it was JMM who always came up with something to make the fight difficult to make or just straight up turned the fight down.

Saying that, I hope JMM signs with GBP. Because, the Pac-JMM ship has sailed. Unless that fight takes place at 135, I have no interest in that fight.

Comment

i don't think JMM is doing any ducking, i mean, the guy publicly lets it be known he drinks his own piss, so he isnt afraid of what people would think or what would happen to him.....

on a serious note though, he's been more vocal than anyone about fighitng pacquiao again, and he's been on a mission to do so.

the thing is, jmm hasn't made the best business decisions in his life, like turning down a pac fight because of money then to go fight chris john for peanuts in his hometown, that was piss poor planning and decision making.

right now, marquez is the only fight i want to see pacquiao fight, i would say mayweather, but i quit entertaining that idea ever since mayweather got cold feet and started his slander campaign, i know right when that happened that the fight would never take place............ not anytime soon at least.

to be fair CUP, i think that, JMM is trying to find any way he can to get at pacquiao, and i think he's willing to shoot himself in the foot and take a ****ty deal or a round about way to do so.......

i dont' know, but i do know, JMM wants another shot at pacquiao, and he rightfully deserves one....

i for the life of me dont' know why pacquiao doesn't want the fight, there is unsettled business and there is huge amounts of money waiting for this fight.....

i'd be saddened if JMM is using politics to avoid fighting pacquiao, although in reality, from where i stand and see JMM, as a fan, i don't see him trying to avoid anyone except menial fights.........

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I don't recall any talks with them after the first Floyd negotiations broke down, I just remember Clottey being signed within a week of the negotiations going bad. Like I said, if you know of any articles or links stating that talks did happen please let me know.
                http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24578

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told Sports Illustrated that he was approached on Thursday by Top Rank for a trilogy bout between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez. A shocking demand was made by Marquez. He requested a 50-50 split on the money with Pacquiao. For a guy chasing a Pacquiao trilogy since their 2008 rematch, Marquez found an amazing way to say "no thank you."
                Here is another link if you want one.

http://www.boxingscene.com/sources-m...acquiao--24307

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                  i don't think JMM is doing any ducking, i mean, the guy publicly lets it be known he drinks his own piss, so he isnt afraid of what people would think or what would happen to him.....

on a serious note though, he's been more vocal than anyone about fighitng pacquiao again, and he's been on a mission to do so.
                  Just because, you're vocal doesn't mean you really want to fight. One can huff and puff in front of media. But, you know who really wants the fight once negotiations take place.

It could be a Ray Leonard-Aaron Pryor situation.

the thing is, jmm hasn't made the best business decisions in his life, like turning down a pac fight because of money then to go fight chris john for peanuts in his hometown, that was piss poor planning and decision making.
                  Maybe the reason for that is that he didn't really wanted to fight Pac.

Again it could be a Ray Leonard-Aaron Pryor situation.

right now, marquez is the only fight i want to see pacquiao fight, i would say mayweather, but i quit entertaining that idea ever since mayweather got cold feet and started his slander campaign, i know right when that happened that the fight would never take place............ not anytime soon at least.

to be fair CUP, i think that, JMM is trying to find any way he can to get at pacquiao, and i think he's willing to shoot himself in the foot and take a ****ty deal or a round about way to do so.......
                  If that was truly the case, then we would of had 3 maybe even 4 fights by now between the 2.

i dont' know, but i do know, JMM wants another shot at pacquiao, and he rightfully deserves one....
                  How do you know that? Because, he's huffin and puffin in front of the media like Aaron Pryor use to do. But, once negotiations came around what happened?

i for the life of me dont' know why pacquiao doesn't want the fight, there is unsettled business and there is huge amounts of money waiting for this fight.....
                  Who says he doesn't want the fight? That's one big myth. How many times has Pac offered JMM a fight and it was JMM who turned down or asked for **** that he knew damn well were deal breakers?

i'd be saddened if JMM is using politics to avoid fighting pacquiao, although in reality, from where i stand and see JMM, as a fan, i don't see him trying to avoid anyone except menial fights.........[/QUOTE]

I hope JMM sticks to his gun. Because, right now above 135 that fight is garbage. But, it's funny that people blame Pac for those fights not getting made. All because JMM likes to sell wolf tickets in front of the media.

Comment

Ouch, good find.

Just from that, a thread like this could've been made then.

So he didn't want a 50-50 split and asked for additional drug testing, according to those sources? He Mayweathered his way out of the fight then, pretty much. No wonder, he is eager to resign with GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
                      Maybe because he's a ****ing lightweight and pac wants to fight him at 147? ****ing moron
                      Uh huh, and then what happened?

Marquez to Manny: Let's do it at 147

MANILA, Philippines – Juan Manuel Marquez will have Manny Pacquiao at the back of his mind when he faces Michael Katsidis today in Las Vegas.

Over the last few days, talks of a third match between Marquez and Pacquiao seemed to outweigh the battle on hand.

But it’s no surprise because for Marquez, a third fight with the Filipino icon is all he wants right now.

The Mexican counterpuncher said it’s one of those fights people need to see.

Marquez, at 37 still armed and dangerous, said he’s willing to fight Pacquiao at 147 lb.

“If it comes to that, then, you know what, no problem,” Marquez told BoxingScene.com.

“I don’t want to have to go 147, but if he weighs 147, yes, I’ll even go to 147,”
                      said Marquez, who had hoped to face Pacquiao at a catchweight of 140 to 145 lb.

http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticl...bCategoryId=69
                      But once the contract from GBP came in with overly-inflated $ amounts, all of a sudden no one wants to see the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X