Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopkins will be the unified lineal LHW champ at 50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still wonder when Hopkins will officially retire. I wonder if he beats Stevenson if he would retire afterwards. Or if he'll keep going. It would be insane if he's still fighting at 52-53 years old & still dominating.

Comment

How can he be the unified champion until he beats both Stevenson and Kovalev? Both of these champions are very good fighters in or near their prime. Hopkins must fight and beat both of them to truly be the unified champ. Just beating lineal champ Stevenson doesn't do it. I think Hopkins is a great fighter but at age fifty I don't think he can beat them both and his chances of getting KOed are very good. Hopkins must be very wealthy by now and he should retire as he promised his mother he would do when he turned 40. A 50 year old is more likely to suffer brain damage than a 30 year old. Yes he is still damn good and could possibly beat any light heavyweight but his health is important.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        How can he be the unified champion until he beats both Stevenson and Kovalev? Both of these champions are very good fighters in or near their prime. Hopkins must fight and beat both of them to truly be the unified champ. Just beating lineal champ Stevenson doesn't do it. I think Hopkins is a great fighter but at age fifty I don't think he can beat them both and his chances of getting KOed are very good. Hopkins must be very wealthy by now and he should retire as he promised his mother he would do when he turned 40. A 50 year old is more likely to suffer brain damage than a 30 year old. Yes he is still damn good and could possibly beat any light heavyweight but his health is important.
        Lineal Champ is THE champion. period. beating nathan kleverly gives you no claim to any part of THE light heavyweight championship, no matter how good anyone thinks he is...Old school poster coming back here, im tired of this nonsense on these boards...

Comment

Working...
        X