Donald Curry vs Wilfredo Benitez at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Curry vs Wilfredo Benitez at 147

Who wins and how

If we're talking Curry at his pre-Honeyghan best...Curry wins by decision.

Curry was patient enough to not get frustrated when he's not landing and intelligent and sharp enough to start landing. He was good enough on defense himself to thwart Benitez's returns, and certainly could hurt/drop Benitez.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      If we're talking Curry at his pre-Honeyghan best...Curry wins by decision.

Curry was patient enough to not get frustrated when he's not landing and intelligent and sharp enough to start landing. He was good enough on defense himself to thwart Benitez's returns, and certainly could hurt/drop Benitez.
      At their very best. I also would give a slight edge to Curry.

Comment

Donald has a slight edge over Wilfred,but he better be on that A game.

Comment

I like Curry starting fast and controling the center of the ring and attacking Wilfred moving in and out. He has enough power to get Wilfreds respect and that should dictate the rest of the fight. Wilfred will not come out and fight with the bigger man and once he feels good power he won't take any chances.
          I don't hold him high on my best fighters list. He beat an aging and old Cervantes at 140lbs and I thought 140 was Wilfreds best weight class. He was extremely passive once he felt power and often had no intest in training at all. He had below average power compared to the upper level welters and although he was evasive he was also boring to watch. No where near an ATG fighter, a good jr.welter. Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X