No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer: Cotto Should Face 160-Pounder or Drop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 33030 View Post
    Abel is a pain in the rear end. He just talks to much for a trainer. Since his fighter cant get any fights than why dont they (GGG and camp) go up a divison to fight better competition. Clearly GGG's power at middleweight is crazt, but I would like to see what kind of power GGG has at 68
    Why should GGG go to SMW at this point? He is a natural MW champion and wants to unify the division. Soliman, Quillin and Cotto all have MW belts. Soliman isn't much to speak of, but Quillin is supposed to be all that (even though he's protected), and Cotto is touted as being reborn. After unification, maybe Golovkin will move up a division. Until then, let him finish his business in his current division.

Comment

GGG v Cotto in NYC? Sign me up. No way it goes 12. Someones got to go. Make it happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        They're not going to move up when the middleweight division is soon going to be home to two of the biggest cash-cows in the sport.

I think Abel Sanchez has to do a lot of talking tbh. GGG's English isn't strong enough for him to discuss these issues himself.
        GGG english was just fine.

"I am very happy and now I only want unification fights. I want [Miguel] Cotto."

"Guys, you need amazing shows just call me. I'm ready for everybody."

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
          GGG english was just fine.

"I am very happy and now I only want unification fights. I want [Miguel] Cotto."

"Guys, you need amazing shows just call me. I'm ready for everybody."
          Miguel "I Respect Him" Cotto

Golovkin's English may not be great, but it makes for the best quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by PR13 View Post
            Right now Cotto vs Chavez jr seems to be set according to boxrec... other than that Cotto beats GGG at 154, GGG beats Cotto at 160.
            I saw that. Roach must feel that Cotto has a chance against Chavez jr after his experience training him. I think it's a mistake. Beating a battle-worn Martinez doesn't make Cotto the reborn badass MW on the block. Even an unfocused Chavez jr hurts little Cotto badly. A focused Chavez jr retires him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              Herrera is the true 140 pound king

Cotto can fight rubio, fight canelo and then fight GGG
              If makes it through.rematch floyd at the full 160

While GGG fights soliman for that belt real quick
              And then get Q .sets up for a cotto fight. You win angle for floyd if he runs for the hills
              Move up and take out ward froch and kessler.
              If Cotto fights Rubio, that is like Danny Garcia vs Sod Ralsa, and Pacquiao vs Algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                I saw that. Roach must feel that Cotto has a chance against Chavez jr after his experience training him. I think it's a mistake. Beating a battle-worn Martinez doesn't make Cotto the reborn badass MW on the block. Even an unfocused Chavez jr hurts little Cotto badly. A focused Chavez jr retires him.
                That is so

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Completely agree with Abel Sanchez

Mayweather should vacate at 154 also

And I don't consider pacquaio a former 154 division title holder
                  Its best to not recognise the WBC title altogether. Floyd is 'unified' in two divisions because of money motivated WBC decisions, and the Pacman got a WBC title shot at 154 for the same reason.

All top earners in the sport go for the WBC belt because money talks within the WBC, youll never find Floyd or the Pacman fighting for an IBF title without dropping it

Comment

Cotto should follow Loeflers advice and tell Team GGG the fight doesn't make financial sense right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 33030 View Post
                      Abel is a pain in the rear end. He just talks to much for a trainer. Since his fighter cant get any fights than why dont they (GGG and camp) go up a divison to fight better competition. Clearly GGG's power at middleweight is crazt, but I would like to see what kind of power GGG has at 68
                      I don't agree. Fighters shouldn't have to move outside of their natural weight classes because they are avoided. GGG should remain a middleweight for as long as necessary. Along the way, it will be noted for the record who all the cowards were that chose not to face him. They'll forever have that side note attached to their legacies.

Comment

Working...
                      X