Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never live up to Pacquiao's Legacy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    i think his career isnt over yet. one thing i can say is that floyd has the style and he has the ability to carry his career into the next 5 or 6 years. There is plenty of time for his career to have trilogies or thrilling fights even long after he loses. Should mayweather defeat mosley and pacquiao this year, to me, pac is no longer ahead of mayweather legacy wise. At that point, to me..if mayweather defeats pac and mosley, mayweather has the superior resume..why?

Mayweather would be:

A two time linear welterweight champion
    A two time p4p number 1 fighter
    The first to dethrone p4p 1, 2 and 3 in a year and a half span.

Their careers arent over, and the reality is unlike pac, floyd can afford to lose some of his speed, some of his reflexes etc, because its his intelligence that gonna get him by when hes older. For pacquiao, his prospects of continue to fight at the top dim once he hits his mid 30s because without his punch resistance and speed, his angles lose a step, and his punches are no longer difficult to see coming, it will be pacs ring intelligence and saavy that will carry him, and truthfully unless im wrong, thats just not going to happen for pacquiao. hes just not that kind of fighter.
    good post bro...but Floyd has a long way to go to fill shoes like Pac wears... (real talk-no hate)

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      good post bro...but Floyd has a long way to go to fill shoes like Pac wears... (real talk-no hate)
      honestly, no he doesnt, a win over mosley and pac puts mayweather right back where he was before, because hed be accomplishing something even pac himself hasnt, which would be capturing a lineal title two times in one division and reclaming his p4p title, and dethroning the 1, 2 and 3rd rated fighters on a p4p list.

That would be incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        May can wear the Pac sneakers whenever he wants dude *looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*

I agree with EJ big time here... both are pretty much the same... the thing that puts Pacquiao on top IMO is that he has better name value in his resume...

Both have faced almost the same amount of champions in their career, both have won multiple titles in different divisions... both fought their fair share of worthy opponents and challenges... Manny simply has the name value like Barrera, Morales... which is a bit missing...

If May beats Mosley and later on Pacquiao... Mayweather has the same if not more then Pacquiao and even has beaten him at a weight which was ok for both...

Comment

Working...
        X