No announcement yet.

Supreme Court gives big boost to same-sex marriage, shoots down DOMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
    I wouldn't stay around for it. She's welcome to try though. I wouldn't stop her. Everybody is free to make their own decisions as adults.
    There are very few men out there that are willing to share. The number of wives you are allowed to have should only be limited to to the amount you can support.
    So if you can afford it, you can just import another wife?

Kinda like cattle huh?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Kinda like cattle huh?
      It's called hard work and I wouldn't have to import anything.
      Quite a bit of condescension you got going on there. Just come out and say what you are getting at. It's kind of boring and a little annoying waiting for you to make your point.
      If two women decide they want to be in a loving relationship with me, and preferably with each other as well, then why can't we? If everybody is a consenting adult I don't see the problem. Especially if I make enough money to afford to support both women and any offspring.

Comment

From what I can tell, for those who oppose gay marriage, it's just a matter of morality?

Are there any other downsides to this issue or is it just because you feel it is wrong

Comment

Kinda like cattle huh?
          If and man or woman is a good partner and someone loves/wants to marry them, then why not?

For example.

There is a man who is a good person, has wealth and can provide security. His personality and confidence make him attractive to two women and both are happy to agree to share and marry him.

Why is that something that is illegal or wrong? (I assume it is illegal in most Western countries)

Comment

It's called hard work and I wouldn't have to import anything.
            Quite a bit of condescension you got going on there. Just come out and say what you are getting at. It's kind of boring and a little annoying waiting for you to make your point.
            If two women decide they want to be in a loving relationship with me, and preferably with each other as well, then why can't we? If everybody is a consenting adult I don't see the problem. Especially if I make enough money to afford to support both women and any offspring.
            Basically my point was that the same standard for living in a polygamic relationship should apply for women as well.

I don't agree with your views at all, but the point is that the standards should be the same regardless of gender.

Comment

Basically my point was that the same standard for living in a polygamic relationship should apply for women as well.

I don't agree with your views at all, but the point is that the standards should be the same regardless of gender.
              Wow you moonwalk better than Michael.

He agreed that his GF was welcomed to try. So he had no issues with men or women trying.

Why don't you agree with polygamy relationships? I assume that is hat you are implying.

Comment

Ah you just added an extra 2 lines to that post in an edit. Anyway yeah .

Comment

I think you need to go back and read my earlier statements.

If you don't agree with me you should at least list the reasons why so all can have a civil discussion on the points.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Dont pretend like you're not the man in my life
                    LMFAOO

Comment

Also if they're going to allow this why not polygamy?
                      Polygamous relationships tend to be inequitable by their nature. Polygamous marriages would be difficult from a legal standpoint.

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
                      It's going too far. What about people who love animals? What about people who want 4 wives or 10? What about people who say 16 year olds today are mature enough to marry?
                      Animals are unable to give informed consent. Polygamous relationships tend to be inequitable. 16 years old is legally judged to be too young to give informed consent.

You're allowed to be in a relationship with more than one woman. You just cannot embroil yourself in numerous legal contracts because of the inequitable nature of such relationships.

Comment

Working...
                      X