Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$70 PPV for Mayweather/Pac to Pay their outrageous payouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    You guys are some cheap mother****ers or just broke. Just invite 7 friends over who watch boxing and everybody chip in 10 bucks. Or invite more people and charge 5 a head you might even make a profit if you got a big enough tv. I got a 55 inch Samsung LED tv. If PBF vs Pac happens I will probably host it at my crib.

I agree. If you know how to work it, you ain't coughing up 75 large for **** that night.

I know mofos that are broke as ****, yet they know how to hustle when they have to.

Comment

The fight is probably going to be like 59.95 maybe 64.95. Yes thats expensive, but seriously, stream if you can't afford it, but i'd drop $150 on this ppv, i'd be pissed about it, but i'd do it in a heartbeat

Comment

People are missing the point and only making matters worse. It has nothing to do with not having the money and having to go in with other people (at least for me), but alot of people are going to be turned off by that price and be disgusted. Its principal. If its $70, then whats next? Do people have any idea how much better it'll be for boxing if it was on live on ABC, or NBC? In the long run, it'll make a huge difference. Instead of saying we'll pay 70, or even 100 for it, etc. We should be saying how we want the superfight to be accessible to as many people as possible. Not limiting it.

Ridiculous PPV's are not helping boxing's current state and yes I know this would be the biggest fight in years but thats no excuse for it to be 70+ dollars.

Comment

People would probably pay more than $70.

Worth it? Yes

Practical? Hell ****ing no, promoters can suck a nut.

Comment

I'm going to stream it.

Comment

go to a bar

pay the cover +2 drink minimum. $40 tops. some of you boys arent drinking age though. lol. ****in young people.

Comment

Originally posted by photomane View Post
                Charging $70 for a PPV in order to pay athletes anyway near this to compensate for their high payouts is outrageous and needs to be boycotted, AGREE/DISAGREE?
                I agree, BOYCOTT

Comment

its gonna be more than $70, i dont see it being less than $80.

Comment

If you wanna watch it, buy it, if you don't then don't sweat it. No one cares either way if you do or do not. And for the guy that said, "it's about principle," some people don't have a conscience or a sense of guilt so forget that cause these are the kind of people you're dealing with..."corporate psychopaths."

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
                      People are missing the point and only making matters worse. It has nothing to do with not having the money and having to go in with other people (at least for me), but alot of people are going to be turned off by that price and be disgusted. Its principal. If its $70, then whats next? Do people have any idea how much better it'll be for boxing if it was on live on ABC, or NBC? In the long run, it'll make a huge difference. Instead of saying we'll pay 70, or even 100 for it, etc. We should be saying how we want the superfight to be accessible to as many people as possible. Not limiting it.

Ridiculous PPV's are not helping boxing's current state and yes I know this would be the biggest fight in years but thats no excuse for it to be 70+ dollars.

If you think the bolded would happen, you are in fantasy land.

Yeah, ppv's cost too much but they would never put it on network tv at least in the US YOU can count on that.

Boxing on network tv was killed years ago unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                      X