• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
    My launch date PS3 just died.

Sony said they would replace it.

However I have to make a decision.

They will replace it with either the same model PS3 I have now for $149 + SH or a New Slim Model for $119+ SH.

The only drawback for me getting the slim PS3 is that it doesn't play PS2 game and I still play GTA San Andreas, NFSMW, God of War 1 and 2 and a bunch of other PS2 games regularly.

Also they won't back up my Hard Drives and I can't do it either because my PS3 won't even boot up to the main start up screen.

So what should I get/do?

Green K for helpful advice
    If you have a PS2 memory card that has all the save files for the games, get a PS3 Slim and with the money saved buy a new PS2 Slim depending on how much they cost.

Comment

damn bad luck man......sony was just offering a 3 year warranty extension for 60 quid the other day........

Comment

might be a hd problem you could grab one of these:
        http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Western+...rive&cp=1&lp=1

for 80$ pop a new hd in and see if it starts up?

though i would check to see if you can return it if it dosnt fix the issue.

Comment

I got my 1st PS3 the day it came out, 07 60gb version with back comnpatibility. It died a few months back. I made the decision then to buy the new 250gb slim edition, despite losing a host of games thru it not being back compatible.

Buy a new machine.

Comment

Get the same model. Wish my fat PS3 could run PS2 games

Comment

Only thr 60gb could. I had that, it was great to still play so many cool ps2 titles.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                My launch date PS3 just died.

Sony said they would replace it.

However I have to make a decision.

They will replace it with either the same model PS3 I have now for $149 + SH or a New Slim Model for $119+ SH.

The only drawback for me getting the slim PS3 is that it doesn't play PS2 game and I still play GTA San Andreas, NFSMW, God of War 1 and 2 and a bunch of other PS2 games regularly.

Also they won't back up my Hard Drives and I can't do it either because my PS3 won't even boot up to the main start up screen.

So what should I get/do?

Green K for helpful advice
                If you still play your ps2 games, get the fat boy. It's a no-brainer.

Comment

Get the slim. They run much cooler. Have less problems. 60gb and early model 80gb were the systems which commonly got the ylod due to crappy thermal glue.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
                    If you still play your ps2 games, get the fat boy. It's a no-brainer.
                    And yeah, obviously if you still play Ps2 games, Go for the older model. But if you only play ps2 games every blue moon, then get the slim.

Comment

this happend to our ps3 before. we just bought a new ps3 slim

Comment

Working...
                      X