No announcement yet.

This Floyd McGregor nonsense is starting to piss me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Floyd McGregor nonsense is starting to piss me off

I am a big Conor Mcgregor fan, he put me onto UFC last year when I thought it was whack. Now Mayweather was talking to Jim Grey during the Badou jack fight a few weeks ago and he mentioned showtime is throwing big #'s at him and that he wants 100 mil guarantee. Jim mentions Golovkin and Floyds answer "he should move up and fight Andre Ward" they mention Danny Garcia (Floyd says hes a good hungry undefeated fighter aka ill easily beat his ass) then they mention winner of the Thurman Porter fight and Floyds replies "for now Jim I am retired" aka I will duck every good viable fight for me but request $100 Million for an easy payday ala Berto.

Now he is hyping up a McGregor fight. As much as I would love to see that I think its ******ed. Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto are guys that have been boxing their whole life and they would touch Floyd. Mcgregor will look silly, even worse then Berto looked and floyd will collect 100+ mil and a fake 50th win while we moan about how ****d up this was. The UFC tards will pay $100 to see this thinking Mcgregor has a chance.

At the end of the day Floyd doesnt care about his fans (me being one of them) he just wants 9 figure paydays for each work while the world sucks up his marketing ploy. If anyone follows UFC now I am realizing why Mcgregor vs Diaz was called off from UFC200, the real story wasnt what we heard about Mcgregor refusing to do promotional work. The real reason is this fight is set in motion already and if Mcgregor lost to Diaz then a fight with Floyd wouldnt make sense. Dana white will get a huge cut, Mcgregor will get his 10mil payday Floyd will get 100+ mil, the fans will get **** thrown in their face. Sorry for the rant, as a Floyd and Mcgregor fan and a huge boxing fan its a shame us fans are treated like this.

What I think people fail to realize is at this level this is an entertainment business more than its a sports thing. Hell most of the boxing on TV is as much entertainment business as sports. I mean how else do you describe it when so many fights are mismatches or just not as competitive as they could be?

Floyd isn't even selling to boxing fans anymore. He's selling to the people who are fairweather boxing fans, fairweather combat sports fans & even to people who never watch boxing unless something big is going down & there curious. Manny was more or less doing this too. Oscar was. Sugar Ray was. Etc & so on. Floyd has just got to one of those crazy ass levels like Ali was at when he was fighting Antonio Inoki & Lyle Alzado.

Comment

Don't support it or give it the attention it wants, there isn't anything better that you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
        I am a big Conor Mcgregor fan, he put me onto UFC last year when I thought it was whack. Now Mayweather was talking to Jim Grey during the Badou jack fight a few weeks ago and he mentioned showtime is throwing big #'s at him and that he wants 100 mil guarantee. Jim mentions Golovkin and Floyds answer "he should move up and fight Andre Ward" they mention Danny Garcia (Floyd says hes a good hungry undefeated fighter aka ill easily beat his ass) then they mention winner of the Thurman Porter fight and Floyds replies "for now Jim I am retired" aka I will duck every good viable fight for me but request $100 Million for an easy payday ala Berto.

Now he is hyping up a McGregor fight. As much as I would love to see that I think its ******ed. Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto are guys that have been boxing their whole life and they would touch Floyd. Mcgregor will look silly, even worse then Berto looked and floyd will collect 100 mil and a fake 50th win while we moan about how ****d up this was. The UFC tards will pay $100 to see this thinking Mcgregor has a chance.

At the end of the day Floyd doesnt care about his fans (me being one of them) he just wants 9 figure paydays for each work while the world sucks up his marketing ploy. If anyone follows UFC now I am realizing why Mcgregor vs Diaz was called off from UFC200, the real story wasnt what we heard about Mcgregor refusing to do promotional work. The real reason is this fight is set in motion already and if Mcgregor lost to Diaz then a fight with Floyd wouldnt make sense. Dana white will get a huge cut, Mcgregor will get his 10mil payday Floyd will get 100 mil, the fans will get **** thrown in their face. Sorry for the rant, as a Floyd and Mcgregor fan and a huge boxing fan its a shame us fans are treated like this.
        Dude you're allowing social media propaganda to brainwash you.

When Floyd was pretending he didn't know McGregor, all the Floyd haters were going all about how scared Floyd was of him and jealous, and how McGregor would knock him out.

Now Floyd acknowledges him and wants to fight him, those same fans be criticising Floyd for trying to make the fight.

Same thing happened with Pac and same will happen with Golovkin. When Mayweather decides to get in the ring with him, the same guys who saying he ducking Golovkin will start coming up with excuses why the fight shouldn't happen and will ask us, "but who GGG beaten anyway?"

Rince and repeat with every fighter out there.

Look at Amir Khan for example. When people thought Floyd would fight Amir Khan in sept last year, all the haters said Khan was a cherry pick and that Floyd was ducking Golovkin etc etc.

Then when Floyd didn't fight Khan, all of a sudden Khan was this speed demon super fighter that Floyd was ducking.

Don't pay attention to that ish man. Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of great things, for all we know there will be an mma sequel to this Floyd-McGregor match-up, unlikely, but possible, after all, we didn't think that this boxing match-up would materialize

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Don't support it or give it the attention it wants, there isn't anything better that you can do.
          This right here. It's like people forget their phones, TV's and computers have an off button. They also forget they are not required to have an opinion about everything.

Comment

After seeing James Toney get embarrassed by a UFC fighter I'm down to see a UFC fighter get embarrassed by Mayweather. Plus, these UFC guys have been talking **** about him for years so it would be nice to see him shut their top guy up.
            I know why Floyd is taking this fight. McGregor brings more money and hype than any other current boxer right now, including Pacquiao. The public doesn't know who Porter and Thurman are so if Floyd were to beat either one he wouldn't get the 9 figures he wants and he definitely wouldn't get the respect he deserves.
            He's looking at it from a business perspective instead of a fighting perspective. Floyd is no longer a champion, he is no longer ranked either so it wouldn't be fair for him to get a title shot at this point.

Comment

Mayweather won't be embarrassing anything but the sport. He probably won't even give Mcgregor a black eye with his pansy style. Guy needs to stay retired.

Comment

Working...
              X