Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there been a Heavyweight fight since Haye vs Klitschko, you looked forward to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there been a Heavyweight fight since Haye vs Klitschko, you looked forward to?

This is completely IMO but I swear there hasn't been a heavyweight fight since Haye vs Klitschko that I wanted to see and actually got to see. I mean sure there are other possible fights floating around right now but either they prob will never happen or don't have the same competitive level these two guys were at. They were both in there respected primes and that's something we don't see every year, let alone every 5 years. Sure the fight ended up sucking (I think Haye's bum toe was the problem lol) but I swear I thought it was gonna be an awesome fight. There's something wrong with that. What do you guys think?

Wlad-Povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Wlad-Povetkin
      That was supposed to be a great fight but Wlad hugged like 250 times

Comment

Sure, I look forward to all of Povetkins fights and he usually delivers like he did against Takam and Charr. I'm looking forward to the Pulev fight. Stiverne-Arreola 2 was a great fight.

I didn't really think Haye had that great of a chance and a lot of it was just trashtalk hype so I don't see that as some high point in the division.

I find that most people who incessantly berate HW just aren't really that into boxing and tend to watch whatever is on TMZ. Wilder's "fight" with Charlie Zelenoff and Shannon Briggs standing around shirtless both got more press than something like Povetkin vs Takam does, because they don't fit the right demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          That was supposed to be a great fight but Wlad hugged like 250 times
          IDK why I naively thought the ref would care to do his job in that fight.

Still though to TS's point, the fight did happen...Povetkin is in his prime so it's an example of a top fight at HW that folks looked forward to. A lot of $$ was spent to make it happen

Comment

I was looking at wlad vs Samuel peters but I'm very excited about the deonte wilder vs stevrne fight,,,and Tyson fury vs chisora fights coming up,,,not to mention pulov fighting wlad,,,only because he's tall and big ,,,excuse my bad spelling
            Last edited by Big Pauly; 11-11-2014, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I'm excited for Wilder-Stiverne, if that fight ever gets signed that is.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                Sure, I look forward to all of Povetkins fights and he usually delivers like he did against Takam and Charr. I'm looking forward to the Pulev fight. Stiverne-Arreola 2 was a great fight.

I didn't really think Haye had that great of a chance and a lot of it was just trashtalk hype so I don't see that as some high point in the division.

I find that most people who incessantly berate HW just aren't really that into boxing and tend to watch whatever is on TMZ. Wilder's "fight" with Charlie Zelenoff and Shannon Briggs standing around shirtless both got more press than something like Povetkin vs Takam does, because they don't fit the right demographic.
                Yea I know what you mean the division has developed this bad reputation with Briggs actually being talked about as a possible opponent for Wlad and Wilder actually throwing leather at that mentally handicapped kid. And I understand Stiverne - Arreola 2 lived up to its hype but come on I'm talking about guys that actually look the part and have a since of professionalism as being athletes. Same thing with Wilder I mean his opponents are laughable, Malik Scott arguably took a dive with that wink caught on camera before the KO punch.

Comment

Wilder stiverne.

Comment

Wilder vs Stiverne

Guaranteed violence, knockdowns, grievous bodily harm, crying women and children, and a team of doctors standing by. Every punch that lands is going to sound like Lennox Lewis landing on Hasim Rahman just before he went down in their rematch. The sheer brutality and drama of the event might give Don King a stroke.

Comment

Working...
                    X