Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been bodybuilding, + boxing only on weekends..How to minimize muscle loss??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been bodybuilding, + boxing only on weekends..How to minimize muscle loss??

Hi, I used to box back in my younger days and have retired from competition. I'm getting old now...

I still goto my old gym on the weekends and go through the drills because it's fun. However, I have been weightlifting and getting into bodybuilding but feel like my body's burning muscle for the boxing training.

Is there a way to minimize muscle loss and maximize muscle gain with this type of training routine? Maybe a protein shake in the middle of boxing? Strategic meal timing?

Let me know what yall think, thanks.

Ignore that 'feeling'. If you are no longer able to lift as much as before, then you are losing muscle. As long as that is not the case you will be fine.

Comment

Eat more. If you're burning, then add more food so your body isn't the fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        ^ As well as sorting out your macros

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
          ^ As well as sorting out your macros
          Pretty much.

If the OP cared to do a little in house research, I have covered this topic in threads that can't be more than a page deep in here.

I have a special program I am doing that involves both heavy boxing work, and a weight training program as a hybrid system, I also mentioned such in a thread already.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Pretty much.

If the OP cared to do a little in house research, I have covered this topic in threads that can't be more than a page deep in here.

I have a special program I am doing that involves both heavy boxing work, and a weight training program as a hybrid system, I also mentioned such in a thread already.
            where is this thread you talk about a hybrid system?

i looked but must be blind

Comment

Working...
            X