Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua shouldn't be faulted for fighting undefeated fighters with similar experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree. Joshua gots a belt, but we all know he's still more prospect than champion. Nothing wrong with that. In todays f#cked up boxing world with 4 titles these things happen. He's what I call on the job training as a champion. Same thing Wilder is doing. Fury is the only real champion at HW in my eyes.

I will say I feel like Joshua has proved himself quite well in his last 3 fights vs other prospect type guys so I would like to see him take on more of a proven vet to step up. Doesn't gotta be anyone crazy, but a Bermane, Jennings or even Eddie Chambers would be moving the Joshua resume narrative forward to more experienced opposition that will enhance his rep and probably help along his confidence for the days when he does get in there with Fury & Wilder & other top 5 caliber guys.

Comment

I agree.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        He's holding a world title.
        He won it from a dude who won a vacant title on a injury...come on

Comment

I agree, but if your holding a world title then no excuses,,... If Joshua had no title, no one would care and still think of him as a green prospect.. Once you get a world title, then all bets are off, and you gotta face top guys

Comment

While I agree, holding a world title makes it hard to argue against people wanting to see better comp.

Comment

When you have a title you're fair game for anybody and are expected to fight title challengers. He stopped being a prospect when he won the title.

Comment

If you win a belt (at any age), people dont expect you to fight someone of Breazele's caliber especially when won it from someone of Charles Martin's pedigree.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  He won it from a dude who won a vacant title on a injury...come on
                  He's being marketed (and is marketing himself) as a world champion. That means he should act like one. Fu*k this shit of fans making excuses for what is blatant fraud.

Comment

I think Joseph Parker is a good next fight for him. They are building him up on PPV/box Office, which could backfire if he takes a loss now. Granted he is much better than David Price but that should serve as a painful reminder of what could go wrong.

He was pretty much gifted a belt and he is expected to be in tougher tests which I think he will take. If he fights Wilder after Parker I'll give him credit - win or lose. Eddie Hearn can't keep putting out average to poor PPV shows against limited opposition.

Why not go for someone like Povetkin after Parker? That would be a good scalp...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      If people want to go down that road, fine, but they had better not say a damned thing about Wilder, who actually tried to take on a top fighter. Bashing one and not the other is hypocrisy.

Personally, I wish these guys wouldn't go after world titles until they are ready to defend them against world class contenders consistently. You'd think boxing would be organized enough that once you hold a belt, you fight only the best guys. Somehow, the practice has become that you get a belt, you fight two losers right off the bat, and hold that belt for at least 2 years before taking any risks.
                      Wilder has double the amount of fights AJ has and is still consistently fighting poorer opposition.

no hypocrisy there.

Comment

Working...
                      X