No announcement yet.

james toney vs andre ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i tend to doubt that moving and pot shotting would be enough to win the rounds. we'd need to see more from ward that we've seen in the past. i'm not saying it's not there, just that we haven't seen it, and he may very well need it.
    I don't see Ward defeating the best version of Toney whilst being too aggressive, that just gives Toney opportunities to counter. He would need to defeat him by darting in with the jab and being cautious. Anyway I don't think there is anymore to see from Ward than we haven't already seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
      I don't see Ward defeating the best version of Toney whilst being too aggressive, that just gives Toney opportunities to counter. He would need to defeat him by darting in with the jab and being cautious. Anyway I don't think there is anymore to see from Ward than we haven't already seen.

i cant see how you'd say that. he's never been in a tough fight.

he's also had a chronically bad left hand for most of his pro career, and a bum right shoulder. he is left handed. hand problems aren't likely to go away, even with the layoff, but the shoulder is undoubtedly in better shape than it was pre-layoff.

Comment

At this point, I gotta go with Toney.

That could change depending on what Ward does with the rest of his career. Assuming there is a rest-of-his-career.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          At this point, I gotta go with Toney.

That could change depending on what Ward does with the rest of his career. Assuming there is a rest-of-his-career.

there is, bro. i've been in the gym, and i am in shape!

the time off gave my body the opportunity to heal. i have been boxing at a high level since i was 12 years old, indluding the rigors of the olympics, as well as the super six tournament.

i took advantage of the time off to talk with god, and he's informed me that he still has great things in store.

i want to thank hove, aka the jiggaman, for releasing me from bondage.

2015 is my year.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i cant see how you'd say that. he's never been in a tough fight.

he's also had a chronically bad left hand for most of his pro career, and a bum right shoulder. he is left handed. hand problems aren't likely to go away, even with the layoff, but the shoulder is undoubtedly in better shape than it was pre-layoff.
            Toney at his best is a far better reactive fighter than the likes of Froch, Kessler and Abraham. Ideally you probably want to give Toney the least amount possible whilst winning rounds or go the other extreme and overwhelm him with volume. Ward could win rounds being more aggressive too but it would likely be a closer run affair that way.

Comment

Lights out!

Too slick, too smart, too much determined, too hungry.....

Comment

Andre isnt mugging james.

That sharpe uppercut is like a razor.
                imo ward would play it safe and pull his punches and stay outside and stink it up. He would think he won all the while
                toney had more substance. Ward would try and repeat what roy did but he isnt roy so that would be dumbed down

Toney UD and ward throws a fit .

Comment

I think this is a joke.

And Ward wouldn't have an answer to anything except eating leather and getting stopped after the fight.

He'd clearly explain about his ass getting beaten.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Toney lost to worse fighters than Andre Ward.
                    Right. Name off lets see

Gavern, Lebedev Brown? He's a shot old man.

Sam Peter? Debatable losses AT HEAVYWEIGHT. He belonged nowhere near.

Thadzi and Griffin? Erm arguable.

And RJJ just gtfo.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X