No announcement yet.

james toney vs andre ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
    All these votes for Toney when Roy Jones Jr was able to beat him fairly comfortable.
    Roy Jones is Roy Jones. Andre Ward is not Roy Jones.

Comment

Toney lost to worse fighters than Andre Ward.

Comment

brilliant match up, id slightly favour toney in his prime.

Comment

For people to vote overwhelmingly against Andre Ward when he beat everybody of note at 168lbs and most of the time by a large margin is absurd IMO. People are even demanding Ward move up to 175lbs because he is so dominating at 168lbs.

Ward has a much, much deeper resumé at 168lbs than James Toney and has won by wider margins. I don't know why people would favor Toney.

Comment

Great technical match up, you just have to remember that for the first time in his career Ward would be in there with someone as smart and ring savvy as him.

Comment

Lmao wait. Prime?

Hahahaha. What a mockery. Ward ain't ****.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Ward by UD.What i see - most people doesn't respect slick fighters and doesn't undestand a boxing craft of guys like Ward.

Comment

I'd favour Ward based on speed of movement and that he won't likely be suckered into being too aggressive against Toney. 116-112 Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    wth are these fight threads? first there was ggg v hagler and now this?

ward's got one of the best ever resume at 168, and is clearly the best SMW of his era. it's not unreasonable to compare him to a middleweight / SMW like toney, who was beatable.

tony's style makes him a bit overrated. it's remarkable to see a man with defense and sharp counterpunching like that, but he could be beaten, and he was.

so far, i haven't seen enough offensively for me o think he can beat a fully motivated and in shape toney. maybe he could, but i just don't see it yet. toney's offense would win the rounds.

still, this is 100% a legitimate fight, and only considered a mismatch by european idiots who harbor resentment toward andre ward for pummeling their heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                      I'd favour Ward based on speed of movement and that he won't likely be suckered into being too aggressive against Toney. 116-112 Ward.

i tend to doubt that moving and pot shotting would be enough to win the rounds. we'd need to see more from ward that we've seen in the past. i'm not saying it's not there, just that we haven't seen it, and he may very well need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X