No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia-James Kirkland in Talks For 12/7 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia-James Kirkland in Talks For 12/7 on HBO

Pat Lynch, Glen Tapia’s co-manager, confirmed to BoxingScene.com Thursday that negotiations are ongoing for a possible Dec. 7 bout between Tapia and fellow 154-pound contender James Kirkland.

The Tapia-Kirkland fight, a significant step up in competition for the 23-year-old Tapia, would be broadcast by HBO as part of a tripleheader from the Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

The 29-year-old Kirkland (31-1, 27 KOs), of Austin, Texas, has not fought since scoring a controversial disqualification win against since-crowned IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina in March 2012 in Houston. Molina (22-5-2, 6 KOs) was winning that bout on two scorecards, but was disqualified when one of his corner men stepped into the ring before the end of the 10th round, just after Molina reached his feet following a Kirkland knockdown. [Click Here To Read More]

Very odd comeback fight for James.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-10-2013, 05:09 PM.

A win for James could get him back in the conversation at 154.

A win by Glen means pretty much nothing considering that James has been off for what seems like forever and has no trainer that I know of.

I guess its a name.

Comment

Glen Tapia's gonna whip him, prime Kirkland would beat him but Kirkland's done. He screwed his career up.

Comment

Let's go Glen!

Comment

Battle of the mediocre.

Comment

about damn time kirkland gets back in there,, he is one of my faves to watch..

wish it would have been kirkland vs johnny nelson

Comment

Both names sound familiar but can't put my finger on them...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Smart move by old man arum. He knows that he has to put an action fight on the card to save the night in the event Rigo decides to stink the place out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  about damn time kirkland gets back in there,, he is one of my faves to watch..

wish it would have been kirkland vs johnny nelson
                  two power punchers with questionable chins. Someone's getting KO'd

Comment

Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia-James Kirkland in Talks For 12/7 on HBO

Pat Lynch, Glen Tapia’s co-manager, confirmed to BoxingScene.com Thursday that negotiations are ongoing for a possible Dec. 7 bout between Tapia and fellow 154-pound contender James Kirkland.

The Tapia-Kirkland fight, a significant step up in competition for the 23-year-old Tapia, would be broadcast by HBO as part of a tripleheader from the Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

The 29-year-old Kirkland (31-1, 27 KOs), of Austin, Texas, has not fought since scoring a controversial disqualification win against since-crowned IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina in March 2012 in Houston. Molina (22-5-2, 6 KOs) was winning that bout on two scorecards, but was disqualified when one of his corner men stepped into the ring before the end of the 10th round, just after Molina reached his feet following a Kirkland knockdown. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Working...
                    X