Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey planned on Pac slowing down, and it didn't happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made the post below in another thread, but it would be better suited here:

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    I think much of Clottey's issue was the fact that he was coming off a loss. Did not have the trainer he wanted and had no confidence in the one he did have. Was brought in as a sacrificial lamb and saw the headlines etc etc etc.

It is not hard for anyone, even a fighter to lose confidence in the midst of chaos like that. Tyson beat many solid fighters before they even stepped into the ring. Manny has some of that same type of aura. It can affect the mindset of any fighter.

Before jumping all over Clottey, remember that there have been scores of fighters before him that basically failed and fell apart at the ring walk also.

The only reason he is being questioned, is because he is tough and defensively tight and lasted 12 rounds. If he got sparked out due to being nervous, nobody would be complaining.

The fact is, Manny is at the stage and reputation that nearly anyone who fights him is going to be very wary. Some have even built him up to be super human and thinking he must be cheating in some grand way. Look at how Floyd Sr. Looks at him, his eyes get all bugged out etc.

Clottey kept himself in the fight maybe hoping Manny would hurt his hands or tire. Who knows what he was thinking. That is my guess though.

I am not about to place any noose around his neck. He is human after all and we all have bad nights.

Comment

Clottey's in the wrong sport, he should have gone into football because the only thing the guy knows how to do well is block.

Comment

Great post...........

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
          Ha ha. So Clottey's masterplan was to slow Pacquaio down by doing nothing. Yes, Joshua, of course, because Manny is known for slowing down. Is the crack good where you're at?
          Clotteys a tool man. He proved that Satuday. I was standing up yelling at Pacquiao to beat his ass. He should be ashamed the way he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
            Ha ha. So Clottey's masterplan was to slow Pacquaio down by doing nothing. Yes, Joshua, of course, because Manny is known for slowing down. Is the crack good where you're at?
            after a few rounds , i thought pac would slow down.

he didn't though.

thinking pac would slow down is a sound theory but he should have realized it wasn't gonna happen halfway through the fight and he should have changed his gameplan. or at least tried to change.

you have to dare to be great. clottey just wouldn't dare.

Comment

Dean its one thing to have a bad night. Its another to do absolutely nothing but stand and cover up man. That was not the gameplan DeJesus told him to fight back. Clottey refused. Thats not the heart of champion. Manny, Steward and Kellerman all said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Glock View Post

he didn't though.

thinking pac would slow down is a sound theory but he should have realized it wasn't gonna happen halfway through the fight and he should have changed his gameplan. or at least tried to change.

Pac rarely slowed down. In his first fight with Barrera....he fought as hard in the 11th as he did in the 1st.

Comment

I take the view that Clottey was going to paid a huge amount of money whatever happened, but didn't he owe it to the 50,000+ people that bought tickets and the millions who bought PPV and the fans that supported him to do more than just try and survive to collect his pay packet. His big chance and he didn't even try to win.

Comment

Clottey's too slow. Speed kills, and Clottey knew he'd have to take three punches while throwing one single bomb. Clottey's def is good when he covers up, but he's vulnerable when throwin a combo cause he lacks movement. Mismatch after all, or better said, just another handpicked victim that never had a real chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Glock View Post

he didn't though.

I like that quote at the end of the day thats what it is. Pac came in there to win. Clottey came to survive. Pac was begging him to do something he got punked out and got his card pulled.

Comment

Working...
                      X