No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno vs David Haye who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    Yeah, he did give Lewis problems before Lewis knocked him out in the mid rounds. And that was an off version of Lewis. If a loss like that to Lewis proves that a fighter is good, then Vitali must be some sort of god. Haye gave an "on" Wlad a tougher fight unless you somehow value performances based on how entertaining they were to fans.

And I'm not defending Haye's heavyweight resume. I'm pointing out how much Bruno's sucked and claiming that Haye's will turn out better if he simply sticks around and fights more people. I don't see Bruno being able to deal with Haye's ambushes. I may be speculating about what Haye's capable of at heavy, but at least I'm not exaggerating what a fighter with a drawn out career who accomplished nearly nothing would do.
    ok but tell me this was lewis closer to his prime the Bruno bout or Vlad? and Bruno fought and beat better heavies than Haye could ever dream of beating, that was no off night for lewis because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed it was that way because Bruno made it that way way watch thc the fight and you will see the somewhat feel of desperation from lewis in that fight, the Vlad fight Lewis was not in shape and was slowly walking Vlad down a completly different feel to the fight very close to the feel of the briggs fight that "ok that was nice but here i come"

Comment

Yet Bruno won a title against McCall. And Seldon held one of the other belts. And I think a fat shadow of Bowe held the other.

Say what you want about today's division, but the K bros are top ten h2h all time and arguably top 15 on resumes all time (Wlad definitely is).

Haye's getting undermined here because he's (a) hated and (b) lost to Wlad (who even beats Wlad these days? Haye came closer than just about anyone since Wlad's comeback).
      I like Haye, i liked his swagger and if he would have fought i think it would have been a great fight but he did not, and Wald never retired to make a comeback so i think you are talking about after he got ko'd. and yes Sultin gave Wlad more problems then Haye did

Comment

Somehow you mixed up Vlad and Vitali. Anyway, Lennox was raw when Bruno fought him which is a lot of the reason why he looked so crappy, although he still stopped Bruno, and not on cuts. Vitali's version was physically past it, but had a better idea of how to fight. And Vitali did way better than Briggs, but that has little to do with the topic.

And I spelled out how weak Bruno's resume was in the other post. The man built his name off of getting knocked out every time he fought anyone good. Haye would be favored over every single fighter Bruno beat. Haye still has time to get some wins and have a better heavy resume than Bruno. His career resume is already much better than Bruno's if you count cruiser. Now that I think about it, Valuev and Ruiz had better resumes than Bruno; Ruiz by a lot.
        Last edited by Cardinal Buck; 02-21-2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Yet Bruno won a title against McCall. And Seldon held one of the other belts. And I think a fat shadow of Bowe held the other.

Say what you want about today's division, but the K bros are top ten h2h all time and arguably top 15 on resumes all time (Wlad definitely is).

Haye's getting undermined here because he's (a) hated and (b) lost to Wlad (who even beats Wlad these days? Haye came closer than just about anyone since Wlad's comeback).
          McCall wasn't that bad, certainly could last one Wladamir and KO him, not to mention going to war with Vitali. How can you rate Wladamir in top 10 h2h? can you really see him beating the likes of Ali, Louis, Frazier, Holmes, Bowe, lewis, Tyson, Holyfield, Foreman, Liston? Do you? I certainly can't. Hell i don't even see him winning up against a prime Frank Bruno, who was actually a hell of a fighter.

Haye is underestimated because of hatred, but because of the style match up here a) Bruno is a big puncher b) Bruno has a jab that can with stand Haye C) Bruno is bigger and stronger D) Bruno is more skilful. David Haye is brawler with reflexes, Bruno will trap him sooner rather than later and crush him.

Haye came didn't come close on the score cards but every round was close yes. But really, who has Wladamir even fought in recent times that's much of a threat? No one cause Haye is the only one. No matter how far Wladamir has improved I still can't him surviving against a prime Corrnie Sanders.

Comment

Somehow you mixed up Vlad and Vitali. Anyway, Lennox was raw when Bruno fought him which is a lot of the reason why he looked so crappy, although he still stopped Bruno, and not on cuts. Vitali's version was physically past it, but had a better idea of how to fight. And Vitali did way better than Briggs, but that has little to do with the topic.

And I spelled out how weak Bruno's resume was in the other post. The man built his name off of getting knocked out every time he fought anyone good. Haye would be favored over every single fighter Bruno beat. Haye still has time to get some wins and have a better heavy resume than Bruno. His career resume is already much better than Bruno's if you count cruiser. Now that I think about it, Valuev and Ruiz had better resumes than Bruno; Ruiz by a lot.
            you are right i got the names mixed, but Haye beat who at heavy? monte, big foot, ruiz, and that other guy i dont remember his name, that is a better list than Brunos entire career at heavy? what? ok, i'm done here

Comment

Bruno by knockout!

Comment

Originally posted by dchampisback View Post
                you are right i got the names mixed, but Haye beat who at heavy? monte, big foot, ruiz, and that other guy i dont remember his name, that is a better list than Brunos entire career at heavy? what? ok, i'm done here
                Where did I say that? I said his career is more accomplished than Bruno's, which it without a doubt is. As long as he keeps fighting at heavy, he'll end up more accomplished at heavy too. Get some reading comprehension before acting all c ocky.

@kiDynamite92 I'm not even going there. If McCall is now kayoing Wlad, I'm in no way taking you seriously.

Comment

Where did I say that? I said his career is more accomplished than Bruno's, which it without a doubt is. As long as he keeps fighting at heavy, he'll end up more accomplished at heavy too. Get some reading comprehension before acting all c ocky.

@kiDynamite92 I'm not even going there. If McCall is now kayoing Wlad, I'm in no way taking you seriously.
                  i lied i'm back, and please excuse me i've been awake for a long time i dont mean to sound like that, but mabey i read it wrong. anyway back to the topic, really at heavy he is still unproven and skill wise he cannot match Bruno and surely not heart wise either, in fact i think even Gary Mason stops Haye also Mason was as crude as they come but what a rough tough sob he was, way too much for haye too handel for 10 rounds

Comment

Don't, see if i care. McCall KO'd Lennox with ONE punch and Lennox at no time was able to hurt McCall. Lennox is superior to Wladamir in every way and if Lennox can't stop McCall do you really think Wladamir could? If McCall can stop Lennox with ONE punch do you not think he could stop Wladamir?

Comment

Originally posted by dchampisback View Post
                      i lied i'm back, and please excuse me i've been awake for a long time i dont mean to sound like that, but mabey i read it wrong. anyway back to the topic, really at heavy he is still unproven and skill wise he cannot match Bruno and surely not heart wise either, in fact i think even Gary Mason stops Haye also Mason was as crude as they come but what a rough tough sob he was, way too much for haye too handel for 10 rounds
                      No worries, I'm going to sleep now. Difference in opinion. I just think Bruno's style feeds into what Haye does more than some.

Comment

Working...
                      X