No announcement yet.

The Top 30 Heavyweight Boxers Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    -Can you name a better Heavyweight win than Schmelling over a Prime undefeated Joe Louis? Seriously can you?

-Baer was a great heavyweight, and had to tone his game down because he was literally killing guys in the ring.

If you were making a straight up P4P skills list then you would be correct. But Heavyweight is about punching power and Bruno, Morrison, Shavers all have insane KO ratios. Walcot and Ezzard have low KO ratios and existed in a weak Heavyweight era.
    are you max schmelling's great grandson or something?? I mean seriously Max Schmelling number 2???????? Ali number 11???? could you possibly explain that? You have liston 8 and foreman 5 which are not bad listings in themselves but ali stopped both of them Liston twice and yet you rank him below them? not even top ten? lol just lol Baer number 7? dear oh dear you been watching that russel Crowe movie or something? Dig up some archive footage of Tommy loughran schooling him and try to stick by that claim
    Last edited by Daddy T; 05-17-2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
      are you max schmelling's great grandson or something?? I mean seriously Max Schmelling number 2???????? Ali number 11???? could you possibly explain that? You have liston 8 and foreman 5 which are not bad listings in themselves but ali stopped both of them Liston twice and yet you rank him below them? not even top ten? lol just lol Baer number 7? dear oh dear you been watching that russel Crowe movie or something? Dig up some archive footage of Tommy loughran schooling him and try to stick by that claim
      I actually quite like Zags his trolling is all in good spirit

P.S - I'll pay you 1million to change your username.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        I actually quite like Zags his trolling is all in good spirit

P.S - I'll pay you 1million to change your username.
        deal! ... ummm how do you change usernames?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Sam Langford never won the heavyweight crown either, and was certainly not at his best weight at heavyweight. You've got him at #20.
          Sam Langford beat Harry Wills though, who was arguably the best HW of the 1920's. What great Heavyweight did Archie Moore beat? Moore actually had an opportunity to fight for the crown while Langford was barred.

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
          Who did Ali spark that was better than Prime Joe Louis?

Schmelling is the ONLY man to defeat Prime Joe Louis, and the only man to KO Young Stribling in 230 fights. Schmelling had both cunning and punching power and would take almost any heavyweight on their best day... on their own soil!

Comment

Criteria

* Punching Power
            * Wins over Quality opponents
            * Quality of Era
            * Dominance
            * Accomplishment

1. Lennox Lewis
            2. Max Schmelling
            3. Joe Louis
            4. Bob Fitzsimmons
            5. George Foreman
            6. John L Sullivan
            7. Max Baer
            8. Sonny Liston
            9. Mike Tyson
            10. Vitali Klitschko
            11. Muhammad Ali
            12. Harry Wills
            13. Gene Tunney
            14. Rocky Marciano
            15. Jack Dempsey
            16. Riddick Bowe
            17. Joe Frazier
            18. Larry Holmes
            19. Jack Johnson
            20. Samuel Langford
            21. Gentleman Jim Corbett
            22. Evander Holyfield
            23. Jim Jeffries
            24. Oliver Mccall
            25. Earnie Shavers
            26. David Tua
            27. Young Stribling
            28. Tommy Morrison
            29. Paddy Ryan
            30. Frank Bruno
            Boy, You got some list there. I would like to point some gaping holes in your list...............

Muhammad Ali - #11???????

According to you, your criteria has:
            * Punching Power
            * Quality of Era
            * Dominance
            * Accomplishment

Now You Tell me. Does Ali not satisfy criteria no.2, 3, 4 & 5? As for No.1, Ali still had a decent KO rate which is a direct indication of Punching Power. So how the **** did Ali not feature even in your top 10?

Ron Lyle - where is that guy? u just said u used the aforementioned criteria did u not?

Joe Frazier #17???????? - u sure u didn't confuse the guy with Marvis Frazier? Why is he so low? u mention punching power, quality of opposition, dominance etc. and still Joe's so low?

I could go on and on, but I think its better not to insult an other person's list. I know it hurts. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Devroy Jones View Post
              Boy, You got some list there. I would like to point some gaping holes in your list...............

Muhammad Ali - #11???????

According to you, your criteria has:
              * Punching Power
              * Quality of Era
              * Dominance
              * Accomplishment

Now You Tell me. Does Ali not satisfy criteria no.2, 3, 4 & 5? As for No.1, Ali still had a decent KO rate which is a direct indication of Punching Power. So how the **** did Ali not feature even in your top 10?
              ALi satisfies 2, 3, and 5, I do not give him top marks for dominance.

That honor goes to Foreman who breezed through Ali's two toughest opponents in only 4 rounds.

Comment

Sam Langford beat Harry Wills though, who was arguably the best HW of the 1920's. What great Heavyweight did Archie Moore beat? Moore actually had an opportunity to fight for the crown while Langford was barred.

Who did Ali spark that was better than Prime Joe Louis?

Schmelling is the ONLY man to defeat Prime Joe Louis, and the only man to KO Young Stribling in 230 fights. Schmelling had both cunning and punching power and would take almost any heavyweight on their best day... on their own soil!
                I disagree with u saing Schmeling can beat any HW on their best day. Styles make fights, thought u knew that. George Foreman is going to kill Schmeling in the ring. No, he is also going to dig his grave and lay flowers on him. There just aint no chance in hell that Schmeling could also beat Mike Tyson. Sad but true. (no metallica pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleSeahawks
                  If you people would stop putting 180 pound white guys like Dempsey,Tunney, and Marciano on the list and stop putting any other fighter who weighed 180 pound on the list you would have a good list. But you darn well that when ever you mention boxing a white guy has to pull Marciano out his ass
                  Yeah, we all heard that line in "Coming to America" 25 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X