Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley admits that he uses dirty tricks (headbutting)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley admits that he uses dirty tricks (headbutting)

Former two-division world champion Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley Jr. (31-1, 12 KOs) hosted an international media conference call today to discuss his eagerly-anticipated return to the ring. Bradley will face one-time interim welterweight champion Diego “La Joya” Chaves in a 12-round welterweight clash on December 13 at The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. The fight will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing.

Timothy Bradley: I learned a lot in that Manny Pacquiao fight. I learned I need to be myself in there…I’m sure Diego Chaves is primed and ready to beat me. I’m excited about this opportunity.

[His opinion of Chaves] He’s a dirty fighter man. In the beginning I didn’t think he was, but then I went back and I started watching film on him. He’s a really dirty fighter. Throwing elbows, trying to scrape the eyes with the gloves, pushing down on the head. He does a lot of dirty tactics. Guess what? He hates getting hit to the body. So when I get in close on him I’m going to expect the rough house tactics. Hopefully we’ve got a great ref in there that’s gonna be able to take control. I’m ready for that dirty stuff, I’ve got some dirty tricks of my own and everybody knows what it is. Bring it man, bring it.

I'd be worried about any fighter who doesn't know some dirty tricks in case the other guy makes it that way. That's part of professional boxing. Sorry.

Comment

It's kinda a given that Bradley's head is a huge deterrent for mounting an offense but that's just part of the game. Much like B-hop and Holyfield. It's bull**** but that's just how they fight and protect their chin.

Comment

Yet Ward and Bhop stans think it's being crafty.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
          I'd be worried about any fighter who doesn't know some dirty tricks in case the other guy makes it that way. That's part of professional boxing. Sorry.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's part of the game weather you like it or not. Barrera was the ultimate dirty filthy vato. Guy was so good most never noticed

Comment

So if Chaves tries to low blow him and he rams him in retaliation, he should be punished? I say ram his face until his nose is broken and then punch him with a straight right for good measure.

Comment

Veteran tactics lol

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                So if Chaves tries to low blow him and he rams him in retaliation, he should be punished? I say ram his face until his nose is broken and then punch him with a straight right for good measure.
                Its chill man, well placed headbutts take infinitely more skill than pulling out the low blows.

Comment

Working...
                X