Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of a sudden Adonis v Kovalev isn't a worthwhile fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    Great thread but you forget OP, it is a business move which benefits posters in this forum since they get a percentage of that business deal. You forget that this forum is full of business men who follow the sport for the excitement of negotiations. The fights are nothing compared to the thrill of a lustful business move.
    You would think this was the case! Idk what kind of fans we have here. Anyone defending this business move is bugging out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      This sport has actually made me a tennis fan. At least with tennis there are tournaments prior to every big finals match and thru the process of elimination the best end up facing off against the best leaving 1 champion.
      This sport has actually made me a big UFC fan.

Comment

This is how boxing is now a days in the internet age, It's full of fanboyz who just want to see their heroes in showcase fights they have zero chance of losing. That way they can maintain their internet egos while fawning over them all day.

Comment

I'll say this; I've seen some interesting perspectives on NSB:

NSB is a place where:

- Ducking PED tests = your clean

- Asking for PED tests = your dirty

- Not wanting to see the best fights available because as a fan, you're more concerned with the "business" side of boxing.

Hey, it comes from both sides, top to bottom. I've seen it all here. Black = orange and 2 + 2 = 5

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            i would rather see stevenson-fonfarra and then see him wait around for awhile until a big fight comes along. to me that is pure boxing.
            I wanna see Stevenson-Ottke
            The world is demanding that fight

Comment

That said, there's no reason whatsoever, regardless of how much he makes, that Stevenson shouldn't be fighting Kovalev.

I'm not concerned with how much another fighter is making. That's the least of my worries. I, as a fan, want to see the best available matchups.

Bernard Hopkins frustrates the schit out of me and I would rather watch paint dry than watch him hold, headbutt and ruin another prime fighter. I'll give Hopkins that; he knows how to win and he's the best at what he does. I just choose not to be a part of that schit as a fan.

That said, shame on those folks that are advocating the business side to boxing. Shame on you.

All this schit stems from Floyd's "business" perspective spreading like a cancer.

I get Mayweather's point of making money and being able to spend time with his children, but he's created a monster culture in boxing. More and more fighters are trying to take Mayweather's path, but they need to realize they're not Mayweather and leave that schit alone. The Mayweather culture/ideology of fighting less fights and fighting for money over legacy will KILL boxing.

That's just how I feel.

I remember a point in time before Mayweather made it big where he couldn't get the big names to fight him because he was a high risk; low reward... My oh my how those days are gone. Now we have to deal with this new way of thinking.

Comment

its ok to understand the business side of boxing but afterwards just shrug it off and be done with it. But do not defend it by making threads and rationalize it from the specific boxer's point of view.

Comment

who says it's not a worthwhile fight? what the f/ck are you talking about kid?

Comment

It's the same ****wits who ride Mayweather and Broner all day long, and get wigged out by guys GGG, Kovalev and Matthyse get heat.

It's pretty darn obvious what is going on. I've said it for years. I've got most of them on Ignore for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                      It's the same ****wits who ride Mayweather and Broner all day long, and get wigged out by guys GGG, Kovalev and Matthyse get heat.

It's pretty darn obvious what is going on. I've said it for years. I've got most of them on Ignore for this reason.
                      Why are you always talking about your ignore list as if those folks on it or anyone else for that matter gives a damn?

You talk about your ignore list as if people are going to ask you to be taken off.... Let me give you a heads up; no one cares about you or your ignore list.

I'm just trying to save your fingers the energy from typing schit that no one cares about, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                      X