No announcement yet.

Vitali is one of the best HW of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
    He destroyed Samuel Peter who only lost to the K brothers but that's not the point. And yes Vitali Klitschko gave Lennox Lewis his hardest win and I am not sure that it was a Lewis win

You know it Naps, V.K is a lot tougher than his brother and is stylistically the best boxer in the world.

Darüber können wir überhaupt nicht diskutieren.

And now I am asking you : which top fighter could have he fought? And please don't tell me David Haye. (Haye didn't want to fight Vitali before the fight against Wladimir Klitschko eventhough he had the choice. Vitali send Haye two contracts : one for february 2012 and another for september 2012.)
    I will happily answer that question, just as long as you are confirming that Sam Peter is the best name on Vitali's resume lol....hahhahahahahaha

Comment

He's in no way in a top 3, 5, 10, or even 20.

Comment

Wowowowow I am beginning to have some headaches after reading some posts here.

Vitali Klitschko, IMO, belongs to the top 5 if not the top 3.

Why does he belong there then?

Simply because styles make fights!

Vitali Klitschko has the most awkward (to deal with) and intelligent style in boxing history IMO. You must also take in note that he was at his peak during his 40's and not when he fought Lewis contrary to what some wright in here.

Just look at the difference of style between 1996-2004 and 2008-2012. Vitali came back with a beautiful style and kept on improving his athletical skills. Will we see a still a prime Vitali Klitschko in 2013? If he didn't slow down I think yes!

And yes, Vitali Klitschko would give Joe Frazier a beating. You just can't compare them physically!
        Dude you simply don't know anything about boxing.

If you think Vitali is top 3 of all times.. Wow.

Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Dude you simply don't know anything about boxing.

If you think Vitali is top 3 of all times.. Wow.

Jesus Christ.
          I agree, I read his post through my fingers, just cringeworthy!

Not even top 10 HW, and in all weights would struggle to make a top 200, and that's no exaggeration!

First thing that popped into my mind was that this guy MUST be a troll, no one can actually believe this surely?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
            Correct! A prime Vitali was mutilated by an old, overweight Lewis.

Imagine how much worse it could've been for Vitali if Lewis had actually given a **** haha.

The day either Klitsckho gets a win over a good fighter is the day I eat my own jizz.

And the Lewis fight, it doesn't matter what an Klit fans say, the fight was stopped for Vitalis safety, not lennox's.
            lewis was 5 yrs younger than vitali is now,,lol. he wasn't exactly in his coffin

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              lewis was 5 yrs younger than vitali is now,,lol. he wasn't exactly in his coffin
              He was fat and untrained, yet still good enough to disfigure Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                He was fat and untrained, yet still good enough to disfigure Vitali.
                he wasn't at his best obviously but anyone can get cut from a punch

Comment

Wowowowow I am beginning to have some headaches after reading some posts here.

Vitali Klitschko, IMO, belongs to the top 5 if not the top 3.

Why does he belong there then?

Simply because styles make fights!

Vitali Klitschko has the most awkward (to deal with) and intelligent style in boxing history IMO. You must also take in note that he was at his peak during his 40's and not when he fought Lewis contrary to what some wright in here.

Just look at the difference of style between 1996-2004 and 2008-2012. Vitali came back with a beautiful style and kept on improving his athletical skills. Will we see a still a prime Vitali Klitschko in 2013? If he didn't slow down I think yes!

And yes, Vitali Klitschko would give Joe Frazier a beating. You just can't compare them physically!
                  It's not VK's fault that there haven't been top quality heavyweights over the last 10 years - but it is a fact. Therefore it's impossible to rank him very high. Again, it's not his fault. But there's no going around the fact that he hasn't fought top fighters.

I don't see VK being in the TOP 10 of the last 50 years, let alone the last 100 years. I would rank

Sonny Liston
                  Muhammad Ali
                  Joe Frazier
                  George Foreman
                  Larry Holmes
                  Mike Tyson

as no doubt above VK.

I would love to see VK against an Oscar Bonnavena, George Chuvalu, Jerry Quarry or a Buster Douglas. He would need to pass that test before I would have him face a Ken Norton or Trevor Berbick let alone an Ali or a Larry Holmes.

I think the following should also be placed above VK

Ernie Terrel
                  Zory Folley
                  Ken Norton
                  Jimmy Young
                  Ron Lyle
                  Ernie Shavers
                  Mike Weaver
                  Tim Weatherspoon
                  Trevor Berbick
                  Evander Holyfield
                  Riddick Bowe

That's not to mention

Buster Douglas
                  Frank Bruno
                  David Tua
                  Ike Ibebuche (sp?)

VK has not fought quality opposition. It's hard to place him in the TOP 10 or even TOP 15 heavyweights in the last 50 years.

And I'm certain that I forgot other heavyweights who deserve to be above or on the same list as VK
                  Last edited by bklynboy; 07-20-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                    he wasn't at his best obviously but anyone can get cut from a punch
                    Want just one cut pal, it was several. His face and mouth were decimated from multiple shots.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                      It's not VK's fault that there haven't been top quality heavyweights over the last 10 years - but it is a fact. Therefore it's impossible to rank him very high. Again, it's not his fault. But there's no going around the fact that he hasn't fought top fighters.

I don't see VK being in the TOP 10 of the last 50 years, let alone the last 100 years. I would rank

Sonny Liston
                      Muhammad Ali
                      Joe Frazier
                      George Foreman
                      Larry Holmes
                      Mike Tyson

as no doubt above him VK.

I would love to see VK against an Oscar Bonnavena, George Chuvalu, Jerry Quarry or a Buster Douglas. He would need to pass that test before I would have him face a Ken Norton or Trevor Berbick let alone an Ali or a Larry Holmes.

I think the following should also be placed above VK

Ernie Terrel
                      Zory Folley
                      Ken Norton
                      Jimmy Young
                      Ron Lyle
                      Ernie Shavers
                      Mike Weaver
                      Tim Weatherspoon
                      Trevor Berbick
                      Evander Holyfield
                      Riddick Bowe

That's not to mention

Buster Douglas
                      Frank Bruno
                      David Tua
                      Ike Ibebuche (sp?)

VK has not fought quality opposition. It's hard to place him in the TOP 10 or even TOP 15 heavyweights in the last 50 years.

And I'm certain that I forgot other heavyweights who deserve to be above or on the same list as VK
                      Exactly my point. If Sam Peter is his biggest win then I'm sorry, you just aren't in the club of elite fighters!

Comment

Working...
                      X