Chad Dawson taking shots at John Scully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez
    The question is..

It sound like Scully highly suspected Dawson was gonna be drained.. at least according to most Post-Fight interviews.

So why take the fight? Shouldn't he be talking Dawson out of it?

Dawson's pay was what 600,000?

That's decent money.. but say he makes even 250,000 per fight against 175 top 10 fighters? He will make half a million going 2-0.

Or 600,000ish getting dominated and knocked out at 168?

I don't get the business concept of this.

Not to mention his stock fell.
    Scully said there was nothing he could do. Hes just a trainer and he said they were deep into talks.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      No trainer can teach heart or mental toughness.

Glass Jawson is another Amir Khan, its everybody elses fault but his own.

It wouldn't of made a difference whether it was Scully, Manny Steward, Floyd Snr, Eddie Futch or Angelo Dundee training Chad ''bad'' Dawson, the guy is only good for over cautiously outpointing old men.
      Khan's a far worse excuse-maker than Chad - but he fights with more heart and drive than Chad.

Dawson goes through the motion in fights like no other elite fighter. It's watching a guy pick up a paycheck and clock out.

Comment

Soo much hate... I don't think he was being disrespectful he said inthe video he's a great trainer hes just too far along for him

Comment

I saw the interview yesterday. Didn't sound like he's taking shots to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            I saw the interview yesterday. Didn't sound like he's taking shots to me.
            He's not taking shots as such but he's patronising and ultimately disparaging to someone who has nurtured him from when he was young.

Chad was working with one of the best trainers ever in Steward and left him - and now is saying Scully didn't teach him anything. Well then why continue to use him for both Hopkins fights?

The thing is, a few fights from now, he'll be telling us why it wasn't working with EMM. Again.

Comment

quitter please' You had your best win with scully even though it was only because hopkins was almost 50. **** Hopkins is probably older then scully. If EMM was so great then why did you leave him. Oh yeah because you suck, you quit, and you need excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                "I was too far ahead in the game for him (John
                Scully) to even try to come in and teach me
                anything. I was too far ahead of the game. I worked
                with top level trainers already. For Scully it just
                wasn't a good situation for him, me already being
                where I'm at, at the top of the game and having
                already fought some of the greatest fighters in the
                world. Coming back to Eddie gonna make me who I
                really am."
                Defeat has no father. Had Dawson not went down in weight to fight the P4P best fighter in the world Im sure he'd still be thrilled with Scully. Nobody was going to change the outcome of that fight. When a fighter is constantly changing trainers its because his confidence is ****. They need to think that the new guy will change everything. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Comment

Dawson is a joke.

Read this:

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...cully-split-up

Comment

Print the entire post, YOUR (the OP) not being fare to Scully!!! Chad was respectfull to John what is being shown here is Chad making excusses for his performances, HIS not Scully!
                    What Chad was referring to was that he can't retrain himself and Scully probably brought out some techniques that Chad needed to consider but wouldn't. Just a guess!! "old dog....new Tricks" Fighter wins great, fighter looses, its on the trainer hahaha!!! No body ever heard about the fighter not following his trainers "correct" instructions then getting his azz handed to him!!
                    In my time I had a 8 passenger Chyr. Coachman and if anyone I was handling lost because my instructions were NOT followed either sat in the very back, or REMAINED were we where! The Big Dogs need to listen to the Smart Dog!
                    HA! Ray.

Comment

To be honest Dawson said the same thing when he left all his trainers, the guy is showing us a pattern here and am not surprised.

Comment

Working...
                      X