Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had more 'Soul'?? The Beatles or Rolling Stones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Who had more 'Soul'?? The Beatles or Rolling Stones?

This is a tough question, because the Rolling Stones were more of a blues band and the Beatles did their expiremental Rock......which band do you think had more soul???

That is tough but if I have to say "Soul" I would say the Rolling Stones.

Quick question, why do white boys from the UK have so much more Soul than white boys from the U.S?

It's not to say there aren't some dude here in the U.S with soul but you would think that the country that invented R&B, Soul, Blues would produce more white dudes with soul....no?

Just a question, hope no one gets they're panties in a ruffle.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      That is tough but if I have to say "Soul" I would say the Rolling Stones.

Quick question, why do white boys from the UK have so much more Soul than white boys from the U.S?

It's not to say there aren't some dude here in the U.S with soul but you would think that the country that invented R&B, Soul, Blues would produce more white dudes with soul....no?

Just a question, hope no one gets they're panties in a ruffle.
      lol...even more difficult question.....first lets clear one thing up, BLACK Americans invented Soul, R&B, Rock, Jazz, Blues etc.....and back in the 50's and 60's racism was prevelant in American society and Blacks were more or less ignored by white America.....in the UK they didn't give a **** if Chuck Berry was black or Cliff Richard, they liked the records and were influenced by them, Lennon/./McCartney and Jagger/Richard have stated on many occasions they were influenced by black music and some of that soul might have rubbed off on them.....thats just my theory

Comment

The Rolling Stones by far.

The Beatles isn't really the kind of music you can put your soul into, it's mostly just feel good upbeat simple stuff.

Blues is soulful and you can express a lot of feelings when playing it. If i were to pick up my guitar and play a simple chord progression like the Beatles i wouldn't feel much playing it.

Comment

Rolling Stone.... anyway stop using it as your name u twat, u ruin it u dun deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
            lol...even more difficult question.....first lets clear one thing up, BLACK Americans invented Soul, R&B, Rock, Jazz, Blues etc.....and back in the 50's and 60's racism was prevelant in American society and Blacks were more or less ignored by white America.....in the UK they didn't give a **** if Chuck Berry was black or Cliff Richard, they liked the records and were influenced by them, Lennon/./McCartney and Jagger/Richard have stated on many occasions they were influenced by black music and some of that soul might have rubbed off on them.....thats just my theory
            Good point but I think that only partially explains it because not ALL whites were racists in America at the time.

It just seems for such a small country (compared to the U.S) the UK has produced some very soulful white artists.

Comment

Mike Tyson..

Comment

Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rolling Stones

But the Stones dis have more soul in their music. They used more blues than the Beeatles.

Comment

Working...
                X