No announcement yet.

Mayweather Mitt work all shallow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    .............talking about Mitt work here and techniques! Methods and techniques applied to Mitt work!
    I saw him box when he was 11yrs old, I handled fighters who foughtFloyd Sr. and Roger in the amatuers and the pros and the entire Mayweather Family hahahaha not much anyone here can tell me about them!
    How about yourself? Do you have any personal experiences with them?? Ray
    This thread...

Comment

.............talking about Mitt work here and techniques! Methods and techniques applied to Mitt work!
      Ok. So...does Floyd's mittwork negatively affect his ability to walk guys down or to fight by staying in the pocket?

Comment

Dan: I appreciate you digging that up but it does reaffirm my point that the heavy bag work is in conjunction with some stamina conditioning and in that brief segment there was NO punching at all. It was actually less follow threw then the Mitt work! However thanx.

deejd: as to you, I was a part of the threads discussing the Mitt work that Floyds employs a while back! I enjoy topics on Methods & Techniques because I was a boxing trainer for over 40 years! Its refreshing to have these conversations instead of the haters BS and how a fighters "resume" tells everyone what kind of fighter he is. Or making comparisons about common opponents. Yu were challenging trainers about techniques and slid down to insulting people when you got a light frustrated Maybe play on the forum were the morons are who prefer insulting one another and making threats they know they can't keep! Run along now and try to be abit more respectfull to your elders. Instead of dreaming about boxing why not listen to people who live it! Then you could actually learn something, or Not!

Ray Corso

shoulder Roll
        My comments originally was that its "Over Used" and is a "promo hype" too!

Comment

Run along now and try to be abit more respectfull to your elders. Instead of dreaming about boxing why not listen to people who live it! Then you could actually learn something, or Not!

Ray Corso
          watching televsed fights, reading how to books and reading boxing forum articles takes all on these forums, especially when you can only speak from personal experience in the sport. They know it all yet have never "laced 'em up-c-". (-c-copyright pending)

Whatever you have learned IN the sport is nothing compared to what these guys have watched in the sport.

lol, you are good in my book Corso............. Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
            That's awful technique on the bag. Mayweather will get demolished because he's not putting any power behind his punches... and his left hand is way too low. He needs to put both hands up to his head and throw hard 1-2-3-4 punches.

Comment

...........back atcha Rockin'!! Most are just kids they comment at times without reading the entire thread. Its ok though if you give them enough rope................................they go away! Ray

deej.............your missing the point of the conversation. Its not about Floyds successes its about methods & Techniques and if its plausable to spent alot of time on speed drills as opposed to power shots.
              Pay Attention!
              Last edited by Ray Corso; 12-28-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

deejd: as to you, I was a part of the threads discussing the Mitt work that Floyds employs a while back! I enjoy topics on Methods & Techniques because I was a boxing trainer for over 40 years! Its refreshing to have these conversations instead of the haters BS and how a fighters "resume" tells everyone what kind of fighter he is. Or making comparisons about common opponents. Yu were challenging trainers about techniques and slid down to insulting people when you got a light frustrated Maybe play on the forum were the morons are who prefer insulting one another and making threats they know they can't keep! Run along now and try to be abit more respectfull to your elders. Instead of dreaming about boxing why not listen to people who live it! Then you could actually learn something, or Not!
                I've seen your posts in the training forum before -- you've had nothing of value to offer here and now claim to have been a trainer for over 40 years, yet have done nothing. Thanks.

Comment

How do you know what I've done? Do I sound like I know what I'm speaking about? Ray.

Comment

How do you know what I've done? Do I sound like I know what I'm speaking about? Ray.
                    Do you even know what you've done? You're either in denial or suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Comment

You see there you go with the insults, its all you do once you get defensive!
                      I'm not posting pics of me on here because that will just set off the morons who demean fighters when their down and hurt.
                      I've worked with top contenders and world champions at my gym and have worked in world championship bouts all over the world. Because I'm not all over the net because it was done prior to the net and YOU being born hahahaha doesn't mean it didn't happen!! As I said instead of learning about boxing from someone who is willing to share their experiences you feel threatened because of my confirmation on the subject. Enough from you, best to you as you move along in the boxing world! Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X