No announcement yet.

Winky wright returns to the ring on april 9th golden boy ppv

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winky wright returns to the ring on april 9th golden boy ppv

Sources close to the information have just informed us that former undisputed jr. middleweight champion Winky Wright will be making his return to the ring in April. Although his opponent has yet to be determined, Wright will be the co-main event to the proposed April 9 showdown between lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez and three-division champion Erik Morales. Golden Boy Promotions is still finalizing details of the event, but the card is set to take place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

By the time Wright steps into the ring, it will have been 2 years since his last bout, a 12-round unanimous decision loss to Paul Williams back in April of 2009. Since that time, Wright had one fight get canceled (a tune-up against Grady Brewer) and struggled to find anyone willing to give him an opportunity. With plenty of downtime, the future Hall of Famer decided to undergo a much needed knee surgery this past summer. Fully rehabbed, Wright is excited to get back inside the ring. His fight in April will take place at 160 pounds.

http://fighthype.com/pages/content9108.html

The most shocking thing from this is Marquez vs. Morales being on PPV.

I don't get that as I thought they would be targeting the Mexican fan base, not the Mexican-American fan base.

Those guys get free PPV so expect for these number to be low.

If anything I thought they would push for an HBO date instead of taking a high risk/low reward approach of making this a PPV.

Comment

fight pirog,Winner gets martinez.

Comment

i wonder who the oppenent will be?? anyone have any guesses??

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          i wonder who the oppenent will be?? anyone have any guesses??
          most likely a bum,Winky has been off for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            most likely a bum,Winky has been off for awhile.
            Yea I doubt he would fight a elite opponent after two years.

Comment

Daniel Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
                Daniel Jacobs
                dam beat me to it. But if this is going to be a ppv they better do better than than man or ima have to pass on this fight.

Comment

jacobs is a good pick, what about someone like ishe smith?

Comment

Damn, if this is 30, I might have to get it. Wright and Morales on the same card is a dream come true for me... even if they are shadows of their prime selves.

Comment

Working...
                    X