No announcement yet.

Obama is siding with the republican ideas to fix the economy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
    Something I'm not used too, because he was so liberal as a senator and voted all the time with democrat ideas. Now, he is like John McCain will he'll fight against his own party if he has to get certain ideas through.
    He campaigned as an agent for change who could reach across party lines and will provide tax cuts for the majority and that's what he's doing.

I think on balance Not Joe the Not A Plumber will be rather pleased.

Comment

The guy hasn't even been sworn in yet, and jerk offs are already ripping his alleged "policies", none of which he has invoked yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        The guy hasn't even been sworn in yet, and jerk offs are already ripping his alleged "policies", none of which he has invoked yet.
        ABC news is saying what Obama wants to do, and ABC new is pretty accurate and that is why I watch there news channel. There not like the other news channels, and there pretty fair for Democrats and Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I know thats right...You're damned if you do and damned if you dont!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Obama appears to be reaching across party lines to find a bi-partisan approach to the economy. The only tax cuts proposed as far as I can find are the middle class tax cuts that Obama campaigned under.

If urging cooperation in times of crisis is a negative thing I think you can shove your positives.
            That dosen't seem to be what he is doing, what he seems to be doing is adjusting his economic policy to the actual realites of the economy because he finally realizes that what he promised during the campaign is not plausible at this point; something the elephants were arguing months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
              That dosen't seem to be what he is doing, what he seems to be doing is adjusting his economic policy to the actual realites of the economy because he finally realizes that what he promised during the campaign is not plausible at this point; something the elephants were arguing months ago.
              Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post

....This is more on point with the truth IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  He campaigned as an agent for change who could reach across party lines and will provide tax cuts for the majority and that's what he's doing.

I think on balance Not Joe the Not A Plumber will be rather pleased.
                  Really? I must've missed this part then?

But really, that wasn't his focal point. If Americans wanted an agent who would "reach across party lines", who would've been better than McCain? He worked with many Democrats across the aisle in the Senate and even managed to get Joe Lieberman to join on the campaign trail. Heck, McCain was the most centred candidate out of all the candidates and vice presidential nominees. Obama was the most liberal in the Senate at one time and did not have an expansive history of working with Republicans on any major bill.

I'm not looking to start another argument over the qualities both men possess since the election is over but I don't think it's fair to assert duties and qualities that the President elect or his counterparts had when it's not true.

But on the other hand, people need to give Obama a break and just wait to see his policies. I'm not defending him, but I'm simply saying that the time for criticism will come when he ultimately is sworn in and given the power to govern the nation. But until then, we cannot judge when no decision has been made. He did insist that he would not give tax breaks for the wealthy but rather increase their taxes and it might not be suitable to do so but I knew this was inevitably going to happen. At a time of economic crisis it's important that no taxes are raised whether it be the working class or upper class. But then again, one can only wonder where the money will come for his new spending plans that are expected to raise the national debt even higher.

Comment

the thread starter is and idiot... that is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X