No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Margarito/Cotto Location To Be Decided Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 13oct1992 View Post
    Every day for the past to weeks this website continues to make the same report about this fight, fact is the probably change a coma or a period to make the sentence sound different. Just wait to friday and then come with real news I'm tired of reading the same B.S. from the same writers in this website, leave that subject when you have REAL NEWS OR FACTS.
    I guess talking to the promoter and/or business adviser are people who don't present real facts. I hate to break it to you, but we are talking about the biggest fight in boxing, not a club show in your area. The biggest fight in the sport, heading to a Friday deadline, deserves daily coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger78 View Post
      yes we all know pac is a beast hes a true warrior we dont take that away from him but come on man its no secret that people with no defense, footwork, or counter punching ability are easy wins for his style not to mention hes not subject to random or any extra drug testing against thes guys. fighting coto again????? i can understand marg but what the hell has he done to deserve this fight? we all know the outcome also hes another easy to hit guy who will stand there n try to slug it out with pac and he will lose terribly... who isnt even liscenced in the u.s. so arum will make a fight outside of the u.s. just to make good on 2 of his fighters boxing... dont come with the whole 5'6 5'10 argument styles make fights not height... i think they will try to get one more big payday out of pac before they give him a true test. marg vs pac= big money for arum.
      While all that may be true so far his (Pac) competition at welterweight exceeds that of Mayweather, with the exception of perhaps a 38 year old Mosley...
      Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yeng4life View Post
        Are you blind? pacquiao is only 5'6" and he is annihilating bigger guys from 5'10 to 6 footer.
        I dont care if the guys are bigger, What does it matter? Oscar, Cotto and Hatton were all coming off big losses and Pacquiao fought them below their natural weight class. I don't see what's so impressive about that, People say that Pacquiao is fighting bigger guy's and Mayweather cherry picks smaller guy's but this isnt true. Just sit back and check, Mayweather is naturally smaller than almost all of his opponents. I've watched almost all of his fights and Marquez is like the only guy that he outweighed on fight night.

And another interesting fact (If you check) is that if Pacquiao had fought Mayweather at 130 then he would have entered the ring 7-8lbs heavier. Compare their weights at 130 in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by scr4vey View Post
          Haha.. "WE SENT MAYWEATHER THE CONTRACT, ITS UP TO HIM TO SIGN IT". So much for the gag order.. already setting the foundation in blaming Mayweather to advertently shift all the criticisms of Pac fighting two washed up fighters. How Pac's team is even considering fighting Cotto is beyond me and same goes for Margarito. Looks like Arum wants to milk the most money possible out of Pac until he faces Mayweather which he will lose and retire.
          You maybe right!

But then it's really up to Mayweather if he wants to fight Pac or Not?
          If the Contract is very unreasonable then he has a reason not to accept the fight...

But then again, his own Representatives (GBP) already accepted the terms of the contracts... So you a have sense that the deal on the table is FAIR for both Parties~~~

Even the Greediest is Not DUMB to turn down $50M...

The only reason Mayweather will not sign this contract is if he's really scared of Pac.

He has still time... So he can save his face for his fans...
          I HOPE HE SIGNS IT... So that we can witness the BIGGEST FIGHT in this early Century!!!

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
            While all that may be true so far his (Pac) competition at welterweight exceeds that of Mayweather, with the exception of perhaps a 38 year old Mosley...
            dela hoya coming of a lose to mayweather not going to mention the weight...
            cotto- never will be the same and really lost to clottey
            hatton coming off a loss to mayweather by knockout
            clottey- coming off loss to cotto, decent win but....

these fights look great on paper especially when u look at pacs height but as fa as styles and facts of the fighters not really... and i give pac credit for his heart... as far as his resume at welterweight being better that would lead to a circular argument that would take up 20 pages of this thread so ill just agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
              maybe you didnt read the article.
              Maybe I did.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger78 View Post
                dela hoya coming of a lose to mayweather not going to mention the weight...
                cotto- never will be the same and really lost to clottey
                hatton coming off a loss to mayweather by knockout
                clottey- coming off loss to cotto, decent win but....

these fights look great on paper especially when u look at pacs height but as fa as styles and facts of the fighters not really... and i give pac credit for his heart... as far as his resume at welterweight being better that would lead to a circular argument that would take up 20 pages of this thread so ill just agree to disagree.
                Who is the best name/fighter that Mayweather has faced at 147? Specifically 147

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                  I dont care if the guys are bigger, What does it matter? Oscar, Cotto and Hatton were all coming off big losses and Pacquiao fought them below their natural weight class. I don't see what's so impressive about that, People say that Pacquiao is fighting bigger guy's and Mayweather cherry picks smaller guy's but this isnt true. Just sit back and check, Mayweather is naturally smaller than almost all of his opponents. I've watched almost all of his fights and Marquez is like the only guy that he outweighed on fight night.

And another interesting fact (If you check) is that if Pacquiao had fought Mayweather at 130 then he would have entered the ring 7-8lbs heavier. Compare their weights at 130 in the ring.
                  yeah those facts dont matter to people they just hear something and run with it "floyd fights smaller fighters" that has never been true hes maybe done it once or twice.

Comment

The former promoter of Mr. Mayweather jr, Mr. Bob Arum is making the (bad) decisions for Mr. Pac-Man. As we all know Mr. Arum does not like to deal with Floyd Mayweather Jr and vice versa.

Mr. Arum is attempting to agree to a contract that hasn’t existed or been on the negotiations table since May 1st or so it seems. They're giving Mayweather a deadline of mid July to make a decision. I ask what took team Pac from May 1st until July to “agree” to the contract?

They said they "agreed" to everything that was requested from Floyd's terms that he stated on May 1st! What took them so long to make this "agreement" and what gives them the right to give a deadline of (now) less than a week when it took them 2 months to finally "agree to everything Mayweather requested"?

Mayweather by brutal press and media TKO when this is all done and said. Pac will look terrible, especially if he continues on with this “plan B” talk of fighting Cotto at a catchweight or that cheater who doesn’t have a license in the states. Then again who cares, Pac’s not even American so why fight here? Go fight the cheater or Cotto and lose even more media and negotiation leverage and make more people suspicious of avoiding the “random” drug tests. It will only get worse.

Team Pac said they “agreed” to everything. Less than a week to go to see what they actually “agreed” too. If it’s anything less than everything, they avoided Mayweather yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
                      Who is the best name/fighter that Mayweather has faced at 147? Specifically 147
                      let me repost this again

...and i give pac credit for his heart... as far as his resume at welterweight being better that would lead to a circular argument that would take up 20 pages of this thread so ill just agree to disagree.

is that cool?

Comment

Working...
                      X