No announcement yet.

Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Top tier performer its widely known he was avoided by all the top tier guys!!
    excellant boxer/fighter who would be successfull in any era!!! HoF, yes! Ray.
    Funny how Arbachakov wasn't avoiding him yet it never happened.

Comment

I liked Marc Johnson(It's spelled Marc). As a flyweight he deserved a p4p ranking but as he moved up in weight he seemed to lose a lot of his sharpness. That bout with Arthur Johnson was devastating, especially after the tough fight Arthur gave Tapia. M. Johnson might have fared better if he boxed more and wasn't drawn into the wars he was. But that and his power at flyweight made him a lot more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Yuri was amazing. One of my favourite fighters. Wish he'd gotten the big fights he always wanted.

Comment

i'm with IDH. not hall material in my book but worth mentioning from a respect standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
            I was at the Forum fights just about every week for a very long time. You know the section they used to rope off for the ring card girls? I used to sit just off the corner of that for quite a while. before that, I sat in the second row of the first level up, R or S was the section.
            I have always said that Mark Johnson was the loudest body puncher I have ever seen fight.
            Hey do you remember the ring card girl competitions they used to have at the forum?
            I got lucky a few times and scored some numbers, if they were strippers all it would take is dinner in a nice restaurant and after it was ON!
            Damn I miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
              Hey do you remember the ring card girl competitions they used to have at the forum?
              I got lucky a few times and scored some numbers, if they were strippers all it would take is dinner in a nice restaurant and after it was ON!
              Damn I miss those days.
              I had forgotten about that. That was great. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                Actually it is very simple why the fight did not happen, If I remember correctly Forum Boxing tried to put the fight together but Yuri was making good money fighting out of Japan and he would not fight outside of Japan (understandable if he was making that kind of money for that weight class) Marc offered to fight in Japan but was turned down because there was no demand for the fight to happen.

Comment

Thats one fight, whatever the reasons were are you saying he was "afraid" of the guy?

I think the HoF is for crowd pleasing, always in the fight, come to the ring in shape, never say quit type competitors!!! The Hall isn't just for sqeaky clean, undefeated, cherrypicking, home cooking boxers!

Men like Gatti, Ortega, Ward (micky) Ayala (tony)etc who weren't connected to promotions by their ballz for security who simply fought their azzes off and the boxing community appreciated them!!

You can't be unskilled or crude beyond believe but the Robinsons and Louis's welcome hard azz competitors who were capable of bringing the greats right to the edge and in some cases earn a victory from them on occasion! Ray.

Comment

I liked marc as a fighter,,, i dont have a problem in him going to the hall of fame,,,,

He doesnt deserve to be in on the mount rushmore of boxing,, but i dont mind him being in the HOF.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Thats one fight, whatever the reasons were are you saying he was "afraid" of the guy?

I think the HoF is for crowd pleasing, always in the fight, come to the ring in shape, never say quit type competitors!!! The Hall isn't just for sqeaky clean, undefeated, cherrypicking, home cooking boxers!

Men like Gatti, Ortega, Ward (micky) Ayala (tony)etc who weren't connected to promotions by their ballz for security who simply fought their azzes off and the boxing community appreciated them!!

You can't be unskilled or crude beyond believe but the Robinsons and Louis's welcome hard azz competitors who were capable of bringing the greats right to the edge and in some cases earn a victory from them on occasion! Ray.
                      I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X