Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Canelo vacating, will the WBA force the Mando on GGG ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Canelo vacating, will the WBA force the Mando on GGG ?

This is a messed up situation now... We have to address what might become the obvious conundrum....

The WBA said it will honor a unification fight before enforcing its mandatory defense on GGG...

So now we have to wonder, will the WBA strip GGG if he refuses to fight Jacobs next (The WBA mando)... Seeing the Canelo vs GGG fight has now become a voluntary for GGG...

Will the WBA allow GGG to fight Canelo next (Big IF) if GBP can agree to terms with GGG ???

I'd like to think so, but we might be swimming into the grey area..

I think the WBA said it didn't want to prevent a mega Canelo-GGG fight, not a unification per se. The'll probably only call for Jacobs-GGG negotiations if they know Canelo-GGG talks have broken down for sure.

Comment

They should, although there was a rumour that Jacobs already has a fight in July. In that case, it will be after July and Golvokin can take a voluntary. BJS said he's ready on twitter. That would be great.

However, if Golovkin vacates WBA in order to take a fight vs. Canelo at whatever weight, I'll be the first one to roast him alive for being a money grabbing b1tch. He BETTER not do that.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        They should, although there was a rumour that Jacobs already has a fight in July. In that case, it will be after July and Golvokin can take a voluntary. BJS said he's ready on twitter. That would be great.

However, if Golovkin vacates WBA in order to take a fight vs. Canelo at whatever weight, I'll be the first one to roast him alive for being a money grabbing b1tch. He BETTER not do that.
        In the end, isn't everyone a money grabbing b1tch? You are not gonna turn down a job for 200k for a job for 50k are you?

I like all of these fights. GGG-Saunders, GGG-Jacobs, GGG-Canelo.

Comment

WBA will wait til next week, giving Jacobs plenty of time to hurry up and announce an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
            This is a messed up situation now... We have to address what might become the obvious conundrum....

The WBA said it will honor a unification fight before enforcing its mandatory defense on GGG...

So now we have to wonder, will the WBA strip GGG if he refuses to fight Jacobs next (The WBA mando)... Seeing the Canelo vs GGG fight has now become a voluntary for GGG...

Will the WBA allow GGG to fight Canelo next (Big IF) if GBP can agree to terms with GGG ???

I'd like to think so, but we might be swimming into the grey area..
            Jacobs already said he is "locked in" to fighting at Barclays July 30th vs TBA

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
              Jacobs already said he is "locked in" to fighting at Barclays July 30th vs TBA
              Will be very interesting to see who TBA will be. WBA will probably be cool with it, when it doubt they can just make another level of belt so it's 4 per divison.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

WBA will wait til next week, giving Jacobs plenty of time to hurry up and announce an opponent.
                ^^^^this^^^^^^

Comment

He will have 2 mando's due now...some guy from the WBC and now Jacobs..hopefully the Jacobs fight happens

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

LOL I don't know what the hell Golovkin does now.

Comment

Working...
                    X