Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do guys still ask girls to be their girlfriend now a days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Do guys still ask girls to be their girlfriend now a days?

I been dating this girl for a couple of months now...she's beautiful, has a career (as do I) and all her shit together. All around good girl that's ready to settle down.

I am not ready for a committed relationship just yet...

I was with my ex wife for nine years...been single for one year and really enjoy having to answer to no one and meeting new people.

Back to the point, her best friend just called to see what she's up to and she told her "I'm at the mall with my boyfriend, y'all want to meet up and have dinner with us later?"

WTF? I didn't ask her to be my girlfriend! We are just dating, getting to know each other right now! Did times really change this much?

Does a guy ask a girl to be his girlfriend anymore? Or, does dating automatically make you boyfriend and girlfriend now a days?
    Yes, that has not changed.
    52.94%
    No, dating automatically makes you bf and gf now a days.
    47.06%

Its your fault for being misleading and just letting things take their course without taking decisive action......really you shouldn't be dating someone for more than 3 weeks a month tops without some kind of talk about what this is or where its going if anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Its your fault for being misleading and just letting things take their course without taking decisive action......really you shouldn't be dating someone for more than 3 weeks a month tops without some kind of talk about what this is or where its going if anywhere.
      We actually had that talk from the get go...I made it clear I'm just looking to have fun and make money at this time as I'm in the process of becoming a supervisor for a new unit that's being built at the plant.

Do you think I'm just being selfish? She's a great girl...someone I'd definitely go for if I was sure I wanted to settle down. I just feel like I'm on party mode and I might end up doing her wrong and losing her friendship for good.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        We actually had that talk from the get go...I made it clear I'm just looking to have fun and make money at this time as I'm in the process of becoming a supervisor for a new unit that's being built at the plant.

Do you think I'm just being selfish? She's a great girl...someone I'd definitely go for if I was sure I wanted to settle down. I just feel like I'm on party mode and I might end up doing her wrong and losing her friendship for good.
        A little bit but that is ok, you want what you want but you let this go way too long and she seems to have a false impression now especially if she is serious about a committed thing with you.

It may be too late to get out of this without looking like an ass and hurting her but if you say she is a great gal maybe take a chance? no risk no reward right? I would not suggest letting her think there is a possibility of something serious if there is not though because eventually you will end it if that is the case and it will be uglier the longer you let it go on in addition to both of your time being wasted.

Comment

Agreed. My talk with a girl is always to not expect anything more than casual sex.
          A lot of them take it really well, they always seem to think they can change me After a while they learn I'm hopeless though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            Agreed. My talk with a girl is always to not expect anything more than casual sex.
            A lot of them take it really well, they always seem to think they can change me After a while they learn I'm hopeless though.
            If you have a very clear direct talk and she agrees then later is just not hearing what you said.... hey it was at her discretion.

Comment

If you have a very clear direct talk and she agrees then later is just not hearing what you said.... hey it was at her discretion.
              Atleast I didn't keep them around under false pretensions, right? I deserve brownie points for that, atleast.

If she's naive enough to stick around that's surely her problem.
              I like women though. Most of them atleast.

Comment

I thought people stopped asking girls to be their girlfriends at 10. You just become boyfriend/girlfriend after seeing someone regularly for a while.

Comment

Atleast I didn't keep them around under false pretensions, right? I deserve brownie points for that, atleast.

If she's naive enough to stick around that's surely her problem.
                  I like women though. Most of them atleast.
                  Its fine you want what you want and have the right to that, people seems to lack listening skills in general but going out on date after date for months is misleading and not alpha male behavior when you just want a fuck doll to play with and there are pretty of whores willing to do that.

My point here is be man make decisive action in regards to what you want and don't waffle endlessly.

Comment

Might be cool in high school, through your mid 20's, but let me tell you...My buddy's older brother was like that since his teen years. He's now 38 years old, lonely, and regrets not settling down.

I try and convince him that it's not too late, but I think his confidence is gone. He spends all his time at them "hole in the wall" places drinking beer with junkies. Sad sight...

Comment

Working...
                    X