Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do i have to keep losing weight to get ripped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes less bodyfat equals more ripped, but if you have little muscle on your frame you will have to lose more fat for them to show, also if you eat the wrong foods whilst losing fat you could risk losing muscle aswell.

Have your protein intake very high, as a boxer you do a hell of a lot of cardio so you could be burning off the proteins which could contribute to muscle loss, try to eat around 40g of protein with each meal and double the amount of carbs 6 times a day, that may sound a lot but 2-3 of those meals can be supplement shakes (40g protein powder 80g complex carb powder).

Also try do to some more weight work, not too heavy but really intense, I used to use a method called rest pause which I think could be good for boxing, instead of doing say 4 x 10 reps you would do one big set with around 15 seconds rest inbetween reps, going heavier each time ( 8 reps - 15 seconds rest - 5 reps - 15 seconds rest - 3 reps - 15 seconds rest then finish on your 1 rep max ), this I beleive is the best way to gain muscle and also simulates the intensity of boxing in a sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JM.. View Post
      how does lifting weight help my mid section bro? thanks
      It won't help directly, but lifting is a way to cut body fat, since muscle is an essential body fat killer, u just gotta make sure you intake a good amount of protein (for your weight about 120+ grams of protein) a day, and maintain atleast 80oz of water intake a day.

I think the best thing that you're doing is swimming, it gets no better than that to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
        It won't help directly, but lifting is a way to cut body fat, since muscle is an essential body fat killer, u just gotta make sure you intake a good amount of protein (for your weight about 120+ grams of protein) a day, and maintain atleast 80oz of water intake a day.

I think the best thing that you're doing is swimming, it gets no better than that to be honest.
        Weights will strengthen the core and also bring out his abs, also I don't think 120gs is enough for a boxer his weight especially trying to cut fat and gain muscle, he would have to eat triple that in carbs and additional fats to stop his body using the protein for energy.

Comment

Originally posted by RonRoss View Post
          Weights will strengthen the core and also bring out his abs, also I don't think 120gs is enough for a boxer his weight especially trying to cut fat and gain muscle, he would have to eat triple that in carbs and additional fats to stop his body using the protein for energy.
          Yea, but I'm not for a boxer lifting heavy, I'm actually opposed to it, personal preference.

as for his protein, a Boxer requires more complex carbs than protein, for the energy. a 50c-40p-10f diet is good.

Comment

Id say a little more carbs but yes that would work, I'm not against boxers using heavyweights completely, they have their benefits if done properly like the rest pause I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by RonRoss View Post
              Id say a little more carbs but yes that would work, I'm not against boxers using heavyweights completely, they have their benefits if done properly like the rest pause I mentioned.
              Yea he can possibly go a little higher, that all depends on the intensity of his workouts and what's necessary.

and Yea, I know many people who are for lifting, I have just been taught the old school method all along and weights weren't an option for most.

Comment

im learning a lot here thanks for the help. if theres one thing i dont take at the moment its protein shakes, protein powders. i can easily get one of those i heard nitrotech is the best out there. should i give it a try?

Comment

if theres one thing i dont take at the moment its protein shakes, protein powders. i can easily get one of those i heard nitrotech is the best out there. should i give it a try?
                  can someone answer this post for me? thanks

Comment

Yeah Muscletech make really good sups, Iv never tried Nitrotech but Id trust the brand ..

Comment

can someone answer this post for me? thanks
                      as long as it says 100% you're good, don't worry about the big names or fancy containers, and it has 24-30g of protein per scoop.

the only differences will be taste, and how well it mixes in what ever you're using whether it be milk, water or fruit juice, sometimes stirring won't suffice, and you'll need a mixer bottle or a blender.

Comment

Working...
                      X