Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What boxing commentators/analysts are the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    THE GOOD:

Larry Merchant: the BEST, but he's past his prime

Jim Lampley: very talented blow-by-blow man

Manny Steward: a knowledgeable, insightful analyst {He's also Condescencing, He switches up throughout the fight}

Joe Tessitore: excellent play-by-play commentator

THE BAD:

Al Bernstein: thinly-veiled bias against European boxers

Nick Charles: similarly biased, but just agrees with whoever the analyst is

Steve Farhood: sounds very gay, has subtle anti-European bias

Lennox Lewis: he may not be a smart man, but he knows when a boxer is hurt by a punch By far, the funniest comment

THE UGLY:

Max Kellerman: exaggerates foolishly, sounds a bit manic sometimes, lacks common sense and social tact, biased against Europeans especially Brits, bulging "cocaine eyes" Totally agree

Teddy Atlas: negative, hateful, biased, self-aggrandizing and just plain stupid
    LOL. This is hilarious

Comment

Lennox Lewis has to be the worst evvvaaaa! I voted for Lampley, Bernstein, Kellerman, Merchant, and I forgot to click Steward.

Also, I think the FNF crew are pretty acknowledgeable, especially Teddy, but the lack of excitement they bring when a fight is off the charts such as this past Friday Escalante-Roman, really drops them big time.

Comment

ian darke. "khan's beaten a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

I find it hard to understand Roy Jones because he kinda mumbles and talks fast, but he makes so much sense in terms of boxing.

Like the Floyd VS Gatti fight or another fight where he argued with Merchant (I forgot the fight)

He makes real sense to me.

His perspective of the game is another level.

Comment

Roy Jones really needs to go back to commentating because he was really good at it imo.

Comment

Favorite is Lampley. He makes everything so damn exciting between his voice and his genuine love of boxing. I also really like Max Kellerman, but that's more because I loved his radio show more than anything. Also, I think George Foreman is funny just because of the way he sounds and how enthused he is about everything "ooooooooh but the body punching Oscar is doing!"

Comment

Al Bernstein is my favorite...

As for Teddy and Joe; sometimes these guys don't know when to shut up and let the action speak for itself. I hate when commentators 'overanalyze' and talk over the action...

Comment

I don't understand why people love Merchant so much. I think he's biased, rambling and a mouthy prick. He's made me laugh twice, other than that, I want him to shut up every time he opens his mouth. Especially before the Pacquiao-Hatton fight. That warrior kings line was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanYeti View Post
                    Favorite is Lampley. He makes everything so damn exciting between his voice and his genuine love of boxing. I also really like Max Kellerman, but that's more because I loved his radio show more than anything. Also, I think George Foreman is funny just because of the way he sounds and how enthused he is about everything "ooooooooh but the body punching Oscar is doing!"
                    I miss George Foreman's comments - he was much better than Lewis.

The best team ever was Lampley, Merchant and Foreman.

Comment

Antonio Tarver is turning out to be a rather good commentator!!

Comment

Working...
                      X