No announcement yet.

Andre Ward has taken 4 pay cuts to get fights made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    All easy meaningless fights. When difficult fights have been on the table, Ward has a history of pricing himself out (except for Kovalev).
    LMAO. He won the Super Six. Did he not price himself out then? No, he fought all the prime guys and beat them.
    Last edited by i got the keys; 10-23-2016, 11:15 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Ward definitely gets more criticism than he deserves. I think people largely have made him the bad guy since his promoter issues, rightly or wrongly, & from that point he's not gonna win in their opinions whatever road he takes. So things go for an exceptionally talented undefeated boxer in 2016.
      Because the media loved Goossen. He treated them well. Flew them out to fights & put them up on his dime. You don't see Chavez jr or Garcia getting that type of hate for leaving Arum

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Because the media loved Goossen. He treated them well. Flew them out to fights & put them up on his dime. You don't see Chavez jr or Garcia getting that type of hate for leaving Arum
        I think the hate comes from the fans more than the media. And I think Chavez Jr does get hate for leaving Arum (& for going with Haymon), but he's not been as successful so the hate doesn't matter as much, even for the haters. Haters prefer hating on the super successful guys. Its not as much fun to beat on the dead (or at least busted up) horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think the hate comes from the fans more than the media. And I think Chavez Jr does get hate for leaving Arum (& for going with Haymon), but he's not been as successful so the hate doesn't matter as much, even for the haters. Haters prefer hating on the super successful guys. Its not as much fun to beat on the dead (or at least busted up) horse.
          Comes from the fans driven by what they've read in the media

Comment

Rodriguez, Smith, Barrera & Brand. Some guys do whatever it takes to get fights made. That's why they have great resumes while others turn down paydays that'll pay them 8 figures & double what they've ever been paid! But this is box, not business.

But Ward is a diva?!?!?
            Lol. So glad he made those fights vs bums! what a legend!

The reason he didn't get paid is because those guys are no names.

what a lousy post.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
              Lol. So glad he made those fights vs bums! what a legend!

The reason he didn't get paid is because those guys are no names.

what a lousy post.
              But Jacobs is a bum who's gonna get KO'd in three rds doe

Comment

lol you named a bunch of tune up fights, and guess what? GGG also took paycuts early on too.

But when has Ward ever taken a paycut to fight a top fighter like people are demanding of GGG?

I bet Kovalev Ward is 50/50 split despite Kovalev have three of the belts and both fighters have similar profiles.

Comment

This is all meaningless fights, three easy made fights vs total nobodies, yet completely ignored how Ward didn't fight Degale and Bute when the fight was offered.

Comment

I am so happy Andre Ward has sacrificed so much to give us fans what we want.

He is a saint and a martyr for boxing!

Comment

Comes from the fans driven by what they've read in the media
                      I'd be more of the stance commentators are more impactful on the hater fans than writers. People of strong opinions one way or the other tend to read less in my experience. That said fans are doing a stronger more irrational version of hate than I see anyone in media doing so while they might have media influence they are taking it further down the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X