Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Hard Is It To Discover The Plaster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Hard Is It To Discover The Plaster?

After reading the articles on it, whats crazy to me is how come no one else ever saw it. Richardson said that they placed an extra piece of padding on Margarito's knuckles and thats when he asked to feel it. If Im on the other team and I see someone doing that, I would always ask to feel it. How come no one else did? The reason why I made this thread though is because they said that one glove was already wrapped before Richardson got in there but the athlectic commison watched it and told Richardosn it was fine. It blows my mind how guys can do something illegal directly infront of the Commisions face and they dont see it. If you see then put the extra pad on there, would you not check it? To me that can be only one of 2 things and both are horrible. 1 is that they were in on it or they may have suspected it and decided to look the other way.

2 is that they watched it up close and suspected nothing which to me is incompetent from a boxing Official who should be trained to do specificaly that. The other thing that is sickning to me is that Richardson or Hopkins team was the only guys to really find this twice and we all know that there is no way that Tito & Margarito only did it in one fight, especially when they said blood was on it. My point is how come none of these other trainers can catch onto that. 1st off if Im a trainer then Im already paranoid and suspect of the opponent so Im looking for every advantage I can get, "legaly". Therfore if I see anything out of the ordinary like an extra padding going on the knuckles then Im going to ask to check it every single time. It may be something that alot of trainers put on there fighters knuckles and 9 times out of 10 it may just be a normal padding but Im still going to check every single time because you never know if this isnt that one time.

Crooked trainers probably depend on that. They probably say that everyone puts an extra pad on there so no one will suspect or check anything and thats when we can put in the plaster. Its sickning. It still bothers me that there was definatly something hard enough for the Commision to take back and check it this time. We know that but they were right there when he wrapped it and said nothing. Thats unacceptable. Also, you guys may have talked about this but I havent seen it on here yet. Did you guys hear that Margarito had eye surgery a week before the fight. I saw it on another site but Im guessing that you all probably saw it by now

First of all they did not find plaster or any illegal subtance in Tito's wraps, Nazim didn't agree with the way Tito's hands being wrapped. And for not being able to catch the plaster before, I think is more of an issue of trust and respect more than any other thing. Most trainers and commision people simply don't think that a guy at this high a level would be doing something like this so they are very nonchalant about the wraps. I guess now that's going to change.

Comment

Working...
    X