No announcement yet.

My Honest Fight Thoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Honest Fight Thoughts

Last night I rewatched Pac-JMM 2 and I rewatched Floyd-JMM. Beleive it or not, that was the 1st time Ive ever rewatched those whole fights. Im still in the minority in thinking that Pac isnt really much different from the JMM fight. He's obviously different from the EM fight and the 1st JMM but I truly dont beleive he's different from the 2nd fight. I mean, what proof do you guys really have to say that he's different? Sure he's killed everyone since then but theyve been such night & day from JMM. I always go back to what Roach says about all these guys having bad habits but Pac has alot of them also but none of these guys have been good enough to exploit them like Juan and theyre totally different fighters. Pretty much all of them felt that they were bigger & stronger than Pac so all of them came at him. So how do you guys know that Pac still isnt off balance a ton when he has to come after the opponent?

With all that being said, even the Pac who fought JMM was ranked #1 or 2 so its not like that guy is garbage. If youve heard my previous predictions for this fight youve heard me say alot that I was worried about Floyd starting jittery early like he did against Hatton and Pac catching him with some Southpaw **** that puts him to sleep. After watching the JMM fight though, he was on his game from the opening. He wasnt jittery at all and it has me beleiveing that he will be sharp from the jump in this fight. My preiction was basicaly just like the Dwery guy or however you say his name. I always thought it would be a 3 or 4 round fight based on Pac. He has to stop Floyd early which is possible or he has to hurt him so bad that he's dazed for much of the fight. I said even if he's up 3-0 or 3-1 and has landed some hard shots, Floyd will still adjust and shut him out the rest of the way. I said all that was best case for Pac and that Floyd could just whitewash him from the jump.

After watching those fights, Im leaning more towards the whitewash. Trust me, Ive never been one to say if he did this to that guy and the other guy got beat by him then imagine what he would do to him. I always think people are dumb when they say that and it never applies in boxing because there are so many different styles but this is the one case where I think it does apply. I think it applies because Pac hasnt faced a guy like JMM since. I think Floyd can fight just like JMM but is 10x better in every way. I still say again after rewatching the Floyd-JMM fight that JMM was way better than people think. Ive said the whole time that Floyd is just the worst matchup in boxing for him just like Shane is the worst matchup in boxing for Margarito. It made JMM look way worst than he was. Lets say Im wrong and that they had a fight where JMM was the same ole JMM at WW. What could he have done to Floyd? Floyd is just way faster, he jumped out or had great D every time JMM swung, and he only threw one punch at a time so it didnt give JMM a chance to counter. He had no chance of looking good.

I bet anything that JMM wouldve gave this Pac hell that night. People need to rewatch it and really look. I mean what else are you looking to see from JMM? What else could he have done? He wasnt any different or much different. Floyd was just a horrible matchup and Floyd wasnt going to give him anything to counter. I dont care how good you are, if Im way faster, taller, have the reach, and stay outside, then how can you score on me? It made JMM look like he didnt belong but if you watch him swing and stuff, he was fast and had good pop. After watching both fights I came away feeling that Floyd would fight like JMM, Cotto, and EM combined. He would use that jab like Cotto was doing early, he would stand tall and use his reach like EM was doing, and he will box & take advantage of all his mistakes like JMM was doing. I think the whole fight he will stay tall and use that reach. I think in the first round or 2 he will jab and slightly come forward like Cotto. After that he will start circling backwards like JMM. Not running or anything but exactly like JMM. Then I think in around round 4 he will start trading with Pac after he thinks he has frustrated him. In the 2nd half he will be walking Pac down.

Seriously, watching that fight I forgot how great Floyd was. I just dont think Pac has ever seen anything like him. The hitches is what I love about Floyd. All the little feints & hesitations. One thing that does scare me is sometimes when JMM would jump in, Floyd would do this same move where he like bobs twice and then jump back. Its a great move and looks special but I saw him do it like 4 times in a row once and I said that Roach & Pac could time him with that if he does the same move alot. However, as soon as I said that, he then did the same bob and jumped in with his own shot. I think he's going to blow him away so bad that none of this stuff we are talkng about now will matter, as far as the date goes and everything else. I think he is the worst matchup in boxing for Pac just like he was for JMM. I think Pac is going to for the 1st time ever have hell hitting someone, I think he's going to jump out every time Pac jumps in, and then counter when he's off balance.

I also think Floyd is the much faster guy when it comes to timing. Again, people hate on Senior but he was right in the 24/7 with Hatton when he talked about people overrating Pac's speed. He said that Pac was very fast but its alll basic stuff. Even when he's throwing it from different angles, its still like straight line stuff. That kind of stuff wont bother any great defensive fighter. Stuff like Zab did would bother Floyd more. Like waiting and then throwing a sharp lazer. Pac doesnt fight that way. I think Pac's stuff will be easier for Floyd to take away. Meanwhile Floyd will be fainiting, and then throwing a quick lazer when Pac isnt ready and then he's out. Then here comes a super straight right. Remember, Floyd is going to be even faster in this fight because he wont be using the shoulder roll much. That means he will have his hands in front of his face most of the night which makes it quicker to the target. You cant put alot of power into it that way but he will throw a bunch of quick lazers when Pac isnt ready that will be straight snapping his head back. I just have a feeling that the #1 thing or 2 things that people will be talking about after the fight is how great Floyd is and how we were all dumb and shouldve saw this coming when you know how well JMM did against Pac and how different from JMM are those guys he has fought recently

No way Im reading all that ,,, I agree Floyd wins .

Comment

Working...
    X