Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN moves Manny Pacquiao to number 4 on the P4P list!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
    dude manny turned pro before floyd..if you look at their ages they were at the same damn weight at the same damn age
    Please cut it out with these feeble, easily dispelled "facts". Pac was at 122 at 23, Floyd had been at 130 for years

Comment

• loyd Mayweather has caused a stir lately by claiming, yet again, that Manny Pacquiao could not possibly have risen through as many weight classes as he has without chemical help. And yet — a simple analysis of the two fighter’s rise in weight over the course of their respective careers shows that Mayweather himself has risen just as much as Pacquiao has–the main different being simply that Pacquiao started earlier in life as a professional.

The following chart correlates the two fighters.

Two things astonish me:

1. That Mayweather is so stupid that he doesn’t know that a simple analysis like this refutes his entire argument.

2. That there aren’t hundreds of charts like this floating around the boxing blogs and sports outlets.

How can the world just let Mayweather get away with this kind of garbage without calling him out on it. In the past, I’ve not ranted — it’s not my style. But this time, it deserve a rant.

Wake up, people. It’s simple math.

The info that went into the charts came from a nice bit of analysis done by Jake Eman at ProBoxing, and I think him for doing to research to come up with the numbers. All I’ve done is put everything onto a graph so that you can see Manny’s history superimposed over Mayweather’s. I love what it shows.

(Click on it to enlarge and see full-sized version of the chart).

The reason Mayweather gets away with making claims about Manny is generally that he started his own professional career at 130 lbs — but then he was 19, going to 20, when he did that. He fought at 108 when he was 16, just like Pacquiao did — only Mayweather was an amateur at 16 while Pacquiao was already a pro.

It’s interesting to also consider what’s happened to Manny at the highest weight classes in terms of his punching power. The last time he landed a devastating knockout was at 140 against Ricky Hatton. At 147 against De La Hoya he was devastating but didn’t even knock ODH down — he just cut him to shreds with jabs up the middle until Oscar said “no mas” and quit on his stool. Then it was Cotto — a great fight, but a 12th round TKO that came about as the result of the accumulation of Manny’s punches. Then the Clottey Turtle Show which didn’t prove anything but definitely didn’t result in a knockout, and finally Margarito. All of that is consistent with Manny being a natural 140 pounder, and fighting one to two classes above it he’s not a devastating power puncher but rather has to wear down the opponent.

Comment

No i believe Manny lost to Bradley....which he did
        Oh the judges decision matters none for those other ones. I see, your opinion on Pac Bradley is far fringe, not sure why you should be taken seriously in this discussion then

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Please cut it out with these feeble, easily dispelled "facts". Pac was at 122 at 23, Floyd had been at 130 for years
          i posted an article made by p@ctards like you to claim manny wasnt on roids..now that same info is being used agaisnt you son

Comment

loyd Mayweather has caused a stir lately by claiming, yet again, that Manny Pacquiao could not possibly have risen through as many weight classes as he has without chemical help. And yet — a simple analysis of the two fighter’s rise in weight over the course of their respective careers shows that Mayweather himself has risen just as much as Pacquiao has–the main different being simply that Pacquiao started earlier in life as a professional.

The following chart correlates the two fighters.

Two things astonish me:

1. That Mayweather is so stupid that he doesn’t know that a simple analysis like this refutes his entire argument.

2. That there aren’t hundreds of charts like this floating around the boxing blogs and sports outlets.

How can the world just let Mayweather get away with this kind of garbage without calling him out on it. In the past, I’ve not ranted — it’s not my style. But this time, it deserve a rant.

Wake up, people. It’s simple math.

The info that went into the charts came from a nice bit of analysis done by Jake Eman at ProBoxing, and I think him for doing to research to come up with the numbers. All I’ve done is put everything onto a graph so that you can see Manny’s history superimposed over Mayweather’s. I love what it shows.

(Click on it to enlarge and see full-sized version of the chart).

The reason Mayweather gets away with making claims about Manny is generally that he started his own professional career at 130 lbs — but then he was 19, going to 20, when he did that. He fought at 108 when he was 16, just like Pacquiao did — only Mayweather was an amateur at 16 while Pacquiao was already a pro.

It’s interesting to also consider what’s happened to Manny at the highest weight classes in terms of his punching power. The last time he landed a devastating knockout was at 140 against Ricky Hatton. At 147 against De La Hoya he was devastating but didn’t even knock ODH down — he just cut him to shreds with jabs up the middle until Oscar said “no mas” and quit on his stool. Then it was Cotto — a great fight, but a 12th round TKO that came about as the result of the accumulation of Manny’s punches. Then the Clottey Turtle Show which didn’t prove anything but definitely didn’t result in a knockout, and finally Margarito. All of that is consistent with Manny being a natural 140 pounder, and fighting one to two classes above it he’s not a devastating power puncher but rather has to wear down the opponent.
            Pathetic, 0 understanding of nuance. It doesn't prove they're the same size, it proves they are close enough (2 divisions max) that it cannot be used as a basis for accusing Pac of PED use.

A simple analogy for you: a sprinter runs 9.65 100m. Another runs 9.75, and accuses the other of being a steroid cheat cause he runs too fast

Comment

• Comment

You posted a graph with Pac's pro career weight consistently trailing Floyd until they met up at welter, Pac's 7th and Floyd's 4th weight class. Or go to boxrec and see where Floyd was at when Pac was winning his 2nd belt at 122. I dunno what to tell you bud, sometimes you gotta go with the facts

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Pac is no1 as the only person to give him a close fight in 7 years is JMM. What i hear you say Bradley gave him a close fight? Er no actually he didnt, daylight robbing Pac and being given a gift decsion hardly means a close and competitive fight. Bradley said he had to take the fight to win, which he didnt, which means by his own admission means there is no way on gods earth he could have won that fight, cos taking the fight to Pac certainly isnt what he did.

Floyd beating Cott who wasnt p4p top 10, SSM who was considered top 10 at the time but wasnt cos hindsight tells us that, and sucka punching Ortiz doesnt qualify for being top p4p fighter material. What have you done lately people have the cheek to ask Pac, more like what has Floyd done lately and more accurately not that lately as well considering he hasnt fought for 5 years.?
                  he's fought twice in the last 13 months and was in jail for 2 months, why are you whining...ortiz KO/Cotto ud12 @154 > close decision to JMM/ robbed by bradley

Comment

No i believe Manny lost to Bradley....which he did
                    do you really belive that Larry? i cant see how manny lost that fight but he didnt look like the superman he was 3 years ago... 3 years ago, bradley doesnt see the final round

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
                      he's fought twice in the last 13 months and was in jail for 2 months, why are you whining...ortiz KO/Cotto ud12 @154 > close decision to JMM/ robbed by bradley
                      I dont really see how beating Cotto is better than Pac scraping past JMM? Considering Pac destroyed Cotto and Floyd is fighting Pacs shop worn leftovers?
                      Yes its at a higher weight, but JMM is a better fighter than Cotto. Pac beating JMM is Pac beating a top 5 p4p fighter. Floyd beating Cotto isnt. You also cannot mention Ortiz as a win and not penalize Floyd for sucka punching, and Ortiz wasnt top 10 p4p either.

Floyd for what he has done since his comeback merits not anything above top 5 p4p.

Comment

Working...
                      X