No announcement yet.

Al haymon great for boxer but not great for the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    First of all, how is Haymon holding up Chavez vs GGG???

Chavez is on record saying BOB ARUM REFUSES to make the fight unless he signs the extention with him.

So if its Bob Arum refusing to make it happen, why do you turn around and blame Haymon?

Word on the st is haymon offering jcc jr 47million to sign with him any fighter that a haymon goes to Showtime period

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
      i already told you that I want to see bhop vs adonis to unify the titles. the kovalez fight can wait.

is that so hard to understand
      I'm pretty sure you wasn't asking for that fight last year all of sudden he goes to Showtime ..that the fight the whole world wants right lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
        you can buy all the ticket and popcirn you want. as a fan you watch the fights thats it.

comiong on here complaining about the business side of the sport is stupid. you have no control over who floyd fights or who adonis fights. they have advisors to help manage their money.

so if your not seeing the fights you want right away i suggest you check in to a mental hospital and compalin to them. i'm sick of ******s like you thinking fighters are your property or arent human.

if you want instant gratification go play a boxing video game.

it fans like you why promoter keep feed us crap fight ...the whole 147 is stacked and all we seeing is mismatches

Comment

If the sport gets better for boxers, more boxers will participate. If boxers become smarter and avoid signing extensions and take the power away from the promoters, fights will get made.

I hope all of this mess leads to rule changes about requiring fighters to sign contract extensions to get certain fights and allowing promoters to act as managers and dictate who fights who.

If anything I would like to see a sport where promoters do nothing but bid on fights and promote them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
            Word on the st is haymon offering jcc jr 47million to sign with him any fighter that a haymon goes to Showtime period
            be careful jas, flomos now will fully support JCC jr...

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
              be careful jas, flomos now will fully support JCC jr...

You talking about me d1ckhead ? How the hell does that have to do anything with floyd

Comment

He's great for his clients, which seem to grow every month. I apologize, but I hate reading stories of guys like Trinidad, Hearns, Tyson etc etc going broke because of a promoter or manager. It ain't cool when they sell all their assets just to get outta debt. People on here act like Floyd and Manny stay fighting guys like Carlos Molina or Likar Ramos. It sucks that they aren't squaring up against each other, but guys like Bradley, Canelo, Cotto, Maidana have earned shots one way or another against them. Some more than others but oh well.

We can be arm chair warriors all we want, but if put in their position, we'd be looking out for our best interest financially as well. You wanna be rewarded for your craft as much as possible

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                  People who see boxing as a business before boxing as a sport shouldnt call themselves fans.

These people that are saying they dont want to see the best fights because its more important for fighters to make money safely should be ashamed.

Do all of us true boxing fans a favour and go watch a safe sport like golf.
                  Fair point, but hey everyone has to make a living.

Comment

Paying boxers fairly and making the best fights are two completely separate points. Im glad Al gets his fighters more money but thats not the end all. The sport can EXPLODE with better matchmaking and hopefully we get there.

Comment

The only thing that's good for boxers is real and lasting change in how the business of the sport is structured. To some extent such changes have been legislated for under the Muhammad Ali Act.

Showtime throwing money around like confetti is not ultimately going to be a good thing for fighters because it isn't something that's going to last. It's a move designed to acquire them a dominant position within the sport. If they do acquire that position then they will reassert their dominance in a way that maximises their profits, meaning that they will use their power to negotiate better deals for themselves and worse deals for the fighters.

Real and lasting benefits for fighters will only come from the legal limits placed on the many other stakeholders in the sport who're out for profit. Real and lasting change is not going to be provided by benevolent businessmen.

Comment

Working...
                      X