No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Talks Pacquiao, Ortiz, Merchant, De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
    It's because Pac hasn't agreed to testing. Arum and co. are pulling the same stunt they always do. They aren't serious about negotiating. The fight will never happen. It's time to move on.
    why are floyd fans dumb? is it that or they choose to be dumb? all in defense of floyd's stupid stunts.

Comment

• Originally posted by saguirre057 View Post
      serious, the dude is a clown and a coward!!! I really dont know how even his own race could be a fan of this clown,...he makes them look stupid.
      you fucc face clown, what race might he belong too but the human race, you dumb ass.. Really I think you're to stupid to weigh on this subject because you're to fuccken stupid to voice opinion .. you dumb a$$ hole ,, hears an Idea you fight floyd in the ring, this he won't go to jail for killing your dumb ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        I don't see what Floyd said was wrong? People say that he was too big for Juan Manuel Marquez (the man who gave Pac his toughest fights to date) but not too big for Pac, who in all actuality is the same size as Juan Manuel Marquez? How can Floyd be scared of a guy (Pac) who edged by a guy (Marquez) who Floyd beat easily after over a year of inactivity? Pac is about the same size as JMM but he's fighting JMM at the same catchweight Mayweather (who was considered bigger) did a year or so later? You don't have to be a die hard Pac or Floyd fan to see that Floyd ain't and don't have no reason to be scared of Pac. Name me one performance since Pac been at WW that should have Floyd scared? Pac ain't even become the Lineal champion at 147 since he been there and Mosley was calling him out when he was number 1 at the time. Pac/Roach didn't want to fight him. Pac didn't even beat any top WW's.

Cotto was at a catchweight and Clotty lost to Cotto who Pac beat prior. What should Floyd be scared of? I don't care what anyone says. Eventhough I know this fight ain't going to happen because of Arum. IF the Floyd/Pac fight did happen. Pac would get beat up. Name me one thing Pac does better than Floyd technically? From a boxing analytical stand point. I just wouldn't bet against Floyd if that fight happens. In regards to Pac accepting the tests. Why should I believe that he did when someone from his camp is always flip flopping and changing their stance up? Either you accept it or you don't.
        Common' GRUSS.....they are the same size BUT Pacquiao s been in WW for a while. And crushing top welters too !! So don't compare this two..
        You're better than that !!

Comment

• Originally posted by iamdark View Post
          No, I believe after agreeing to testing from Pac's camp (through Bob Arum), Floyd's camp place yet another demand: Pac must test through USADA only. This means Pac cannot train in the Philippines (which he always does) because the WADA is not "trustworthy" enough. This itself shows why Pac didn't give into Floyd's first demand of drug testing. Floyd is trying to rattle him and instill doubt into the fans about Pac's legitimacy as a fighter.

BUT... I truly believe that these two are just building the fight into one of the most sought out events in sports history. They have made this potential bout so controversial and so news-worthy that for damn sure it will top the record books. Say what you will for either of them and their records, but they both need each other to lay speculation to rest. We will see the fight very soon...
          Actually USADA said that they had no problem flying to the Philppines to collect samples. Ariza said that they were no longer going to do OSDT and that May could forget about it. So the question is who is ducking who? Floyd stance has never changed, he just said take the test and Team Pac has a million and 1 excuses why they can not do it. Even Amir Khan has agreed to take the test in order to fight Floyd. I think that Arum does not want to cash out on Pac just yet. He already has a fight set for Pac after the JMM fight, he will make Tim Bradley and Pac fight. May does not have an opponent picked out he is waiting to see what will happen Nov. 12th. If Pac agrees to fight Bradley before May.... we know who doesn't want the fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Come on man. Cotto was done after Margarito. Dude fought Cotto after Miguel struggled against Clottey with a big gnash on his head. Pac still fought him at a catchweight. I don't blame Pac because it was Cotto who accepted it. Margarito was suspended for a year, came back and fought a mediocre fighter in Mexico and didn't even look good doing it. who cares about what happened to Ortiz punk ass. I wish Floyd would have let the fight go on but it is what it is and frankly. Ortiz would give Manny a tougher fight than Floyd because Ortiz couldn't touch Floyd but he for sure would touch up Pac because both are offensive fighters. Clottey reluctant ass touched up Pac's face and he wasn't even fighting.

Pac is an exciting fighter but how can people be all on this dude when his title fights at 147 and 154 were at catchweights of 145 and 150? Pac is fighting JMM at a catchweight when them guys are the same size didn't Floyd show that JMM couldn't hang at the higher weights according to Pac fans? It's funny how Pac fans try to discredit Floyd wins over the same opponents Pac fought after. Manny and Roach ducked Shane who was number 1 in the division after Margarito for a Cotto who was beat down and battle worn by Margarito & Clottey. Manny's whole strength is his speed and accumulation of punches. Do you actually think that Pac would touch Floyd up more than Floyd would touch him up? People are talking about Floyd is off of his game because he got hit a couple of times by Mosley and Ortiz but he was dominating them dudes. Pac gets banged up on the reg. You already know who my money is on once Bob Arum makes the fight and stop robbing lil Pac.
            Floyd insists on testing by USADA, but Manny has agreed to unlimited random testing done by a responsible, neutral organization that deals with Athletes at the Olympic level. Is anybody's test is as vigorous as the test administered by the Olympic Organization?

But Floyd insists on the USADA doing the testing ...why? Is this is an indirect way of insisting that the Pacman should train in the USA? Or is Floyd trying to tap dance, the way he did with Cotto, Margarito and Moseley at their respective peaks? Or would Floyd be agreeable to training in the Philippines, if Manny agrees to train in the USA?

Floyd beat Marquez easily partly because he agreed to fight at 144 and then sneakily showed up at 146, knowing that Marquez would not refuse to fight in such circumstances, because (a) he needed the money and (b) the fans had made the necessary financial and other arrangements to watch the fight.

Did Floyd really win the first Castillo fight? They say Floyd has never been knocked down, but what about when his glove touched the canvas in the Judah fight and what about the Moseley fight?

Great fighters accept challenges in a timely manner, instead of *****footing!

Comment

• Originally posted by antrecasner View Post
              Ortiz landed 9 punches to Floyds 27 in the 4th round,yeah Ortiz was gonna KO Floyd!!Its boxing when Floyd gets hit its a victory for you guys on here lol!! You wanna talk facts Floyds punches landed were going up every single round,Ortiz face was getting busted up and it was only the 4th round.We all know Floyd isnt the most powerful puncher and when is the last time you seen him hurt or have anyones face looking like Ortiz inside of the first 6 rounds.If im not mistaken werent you saying Ortiz was gonna Ko Floyd? Looks like your trying to save face just like Vic,Oscar, team Ortiz and every other hater on here.
              NOPE yer wrong:

I am not trying to save face for nothing !!

YES , I said Ortiz would brutally KO JR and he was just getting thru the initial frustration.

To be exact on a number of occasions I said :

1. Ortiz must pressure not like bumrusher hatton. When Ortiz did pressure he had Jr where he wanted him. He didn't pressure enough that allowed Jr to potshot but most missed,,,go back to watch the fight in SLOW MO

2. I said Ortiz need to Jab,,,,he rarely did that

3. I said Ortiz must hurt Jr and when he does hurt him again.

All of those pitty pat punches in the 4th from Jr, you know that volley maybe one landed hahaha, elbows, somebody said about 14 elbows landed,,hmmm wonder if that wouldn't swell the eye a bit ????

We will never know who would have won the fight,,,Jr was getting his ass handed to him when knuckle head used his head and was wrong, but I have said it was wrong before saying this to you.

What is inexcusable was Jrs behavior with da cheap shot.

Jr has slipped badly in all departments, he needs to fight Pac soon, if he waits the whupping will be worse on him,,, byyyyy Pac

Comment

• You guys are a bunch of stupid ass holes. You cant know anything about boxing. Excuse my french but I have no other way to express myself. You stupid ****ing idiots think it's easy to get in there and dominate professional boxing? I'd love to see some of you wimps get in the ring and last a ****ing round. The guy isn't 42-0 because he dodged fights. The guy is 42-0 because he works harder than you think. And he's just better than everyone. He's been doing the **** for 16 years. You gotta be a ****ing ****** if you think he stayed undefeated for this long by not fighting good fighters. 13 title defenses. 42 Tried, 42 Failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allmenjoi8 View Post
                  Actually USADA said that they had no problem flying to the Philppines to collect samples. Ariza said that they were no longer going to do OSDT and that May could forget about it. So the question is who is ducking who? Floyd stance has never changed, he just said take the test and Team Pac has a million and 1 excuses why they can not do it. Even Amir Khan has agreed to take the test in order to fight Floyd. I think that Arum does not want to cash out on Pac just yet. He already has a fight set for Pac after the JMM fight, he will make Tim Bradley and Pac fight. May does not have an opponent picked out he is waiting to see what will happen Nov. 12th. If Pac agrees to fight Bradley before May.... we know who doesn't want the fight...

Can you provide your source that USADA agreed to test him in the Philippines? I thought that they only had authority over "any international athlete who is present in the United States." (USADA FAQ page). They also state that they do not even test at Olympic games, handing over authority to the WADA. What's wrong with using an international organization that presides over the entire Olympics and not just US Olympic athletes?

Again, you can speculate who may be ducking who, but it feels like these answers can be argued forever. They are marketing geniuses that are going to milk the consumer market as much as they can before the big fight.

Comment

• Even after Ariza came out and said no more tests and this after Arum said no more problems the Pac fans still dont see who doesnt want the fight. I mean im not a ***** or ******* but its right in front of you. They keep saying he agreed when Ariza and even he says he wont.

Never took a side i just always liked to argue the points that were presented but with Floyd...Floyd, not promoter, advisor, or manager, saying take test and its on and with Pac himself saying no to tests and then Ariza coming out to say no also, i dont know how they can say that Floyd is the one not wanting this fight or afraid of this fight.

And why Ariza? Why not Roach or Arum? Why is Ariza so hell bent on not taking test? Hes the nutritionist. He of all people knows what goes in Pac body so he should be for it. Better testing, level playing field, biggest payday, shut up critics, kick the arse of the man talking ****e, and become truly on the ATG.

What have i said that is so bad? There is just to much suspicion around it. Maybe he is clean but i can say now i dont think its floyd holding up this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                      Common' GRUSS.....they are the same size BUT Pacquiao s been in WW for a while. And crushing top welters too !! So don't compare this two..
                      You're better than that !!
                      Come on man. If Pac was indeed crushing top WW's he would have been number 1 in the WW division but Floyd was for the majority of time. The only time Pac surpassed Floyd is when Floyd didn't come back to fight after he beat Mosley. Oscar wasn't a top WW, Cotto at 145 and neither was Clottey or Mosley when Pac got to him. Mosley in 09 was a top WW when Pac ducked him and Ortiz after he beat Berto and Floyd fought them both. Ortiz is a lil b!tch but fact of the matter is that Pac hasn't fought any top guys since he has been in the WW division. Cotto is the closes to top you are going to get that Pac faced in the division but he was done after the Clottey fight and Pac still insisted on 145 as the catchweight for Cotto's title. Roach said Pac is closer to 140, so a 144 catchweight for JMM should not have happened BUT I think JMM will hold his own so I'm not complaining.
                      Last edited by GRUSTLER; 10-04-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X