Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were in David Haye's shoes would you fight one of the Klitschkos right now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the klits is old as hell (39 in July) and the other has a boatload of miles on him (57 pro fights, stopped 3 times, twice brutally.)

After all the smack he's talked, why wouldn't he fight one or both of them?

Comment

As much as I'd like to see a Klitschko vs Haye fight right now, economically it doesn't make the best sense because of the risk factor involved. Haye is a star in his own right now, independent of the Klitschko's. Manny Steward himself said that Wladimir wants the fight badly because it's the best "superfight" out there.. check this clip > http://blip.tv/file/3665832

Haye could take fights of much lower risk and earn much more than Valuev would have been able to fighting the same opponents when he was champion. It wouldn't be the first time two boxers called out each other and didn't fight for some time. But if Haye plans to stick to his schedule and retire soon, he'll probably need to fight a Klitschko within 2 or 3 fights.
      Last edited by BoxCleva; 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

everything is there now..the money,the hype,the unification of titles,the respect...there no excuse for this fight not to happen..he cant clean out the division...the klits already did that

Comment

1. The klitschkos are the top fighters in the division.
          2. The klitschkos are the biggest money in the division.
          3. The klitschkos are the champions in the division.

as a boxer you want 3 things:

1. recognition
          2. money
          3. titles

When you don't take a fight that can give you 2 of those 3 , you're ducking.

When you don't take a fight that can give you all 3 , you're really ducking.

When you don't take a fight that can give you all 3 after you were running your mouth and making t-shirts with decapitated heads, you're a disgrace to the sport.

Comment

Avoid them and fight them at the end of 2011 or in 2012. Continue to clean out other fighters in the division, that's me just logically thinking about it. If Haye fights one of brothers now and loses it doesn't look to good for him so stay away from them till the next year! Get some good names on his resume such as Adamek, Arreola, Povetkin, Harrison.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
              everything is there now..the money,the hype,the unification of titles,the respect...there no excuse for this fight not to happen..he cant clean out the division...the klits already did that
              I feel you on the cleaning out the division thing...they have done that...

But there are more exciting fights that can be made....

I don't see have beathing either Klit Brother....

Money wise, he would make a good amount, but he could still do good on his own and face them later....just my opinion....why rush to a big L....

Comment

Fight a bitchko

Comment

Straight up Klitschko or NO

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post

Because as soon as Haye loses to either Klitschko people will be calling him overrated and a joke...

I don't think he could beat either one, so why fight them right now?
                    Then why talk sooo much ****? T-shirt made etc, He has NO choice but to fight one of them to get the boxing world's respect back. I dont even care if he gets KO in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                      Avoid them and fight them at the end of 2011 or in 2012. Continue to clean out other fighters in the division, that's me just logically thinking about it. If Haye fights one of brothers now and loses it doesn't look to good for him so stay away from them till the next year! Get some good names on his resume such as Adamek, Arreola, Povetkin, Harrison.

Avoid them?? With all the **** he talked?

Comment

Working...
                      X