No announcement yet.

Manny will happily fight Floyd for 20 mil guaranteed these days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny will happily fight Floyd for 20 mil guaranteed these days

It's either great business acumen, or series of unfortunate circumstances for Manny. I have always believe that they would fight. It was 100% ego on Floyd's part. He beat Oscar with the hopes of becoming boxing undisputed biggest superstar. Then Manny came on the scene and changed all of that and change it fast. Manny was the bigger draw he was adored by the fans fan favorite. People pay to see Floyd lose. I wonder was it part of a great business plan that worked out. Floyd and his people knew that on head to head comparisons he would always do better, when it came to mutual opposition. So he nearly had to bide his time. Until someone else beat manny or until manny ended up in the position he's in now. Unfortunately both things happened. Manny lost and on top if that he can't sell a fight. They both had a trump card. Floyd and manny both knew the fight would always be sellable. It had a lot to do with ego and posturing between Both sides. The fight gets made 1 bc Arum and Manny need one last payday period and show time needs to see some dividends from the mayweather contract. The only thing that changed now Manny will humbly bow out and take significantly less to make more than anything he has on the horizon.
    Last edited by Obama2.0; 04-07-2014, 07:05 PM. Reason: Typos

Originally posted by Obama2.0 View Post
    It's either great business acumen, or series of unfortunate circumstances for Manny. I have always believe that they would fight. It was 100% ego on Floyd's part. He beat Oscar with the hopes of becoming boxing undisputed biggest superstar. Then Manny came on the scene and changed all of that and change it fast. Manny was the bigger draw he was adored by the fans fan favorite. People pay to see Floyd lose. I wonder was it part of a great business plan that worked out. Floyd and his people knew that on head to head comparisons he would always do better, when it came to mutual opposition. So he nearly had to bide his time. Until someone else beat manny or until manny ended up in the position he's in now. Unfortunately both things happened. Manny lost and on top if that he can't sell a fight. They both had a trump card. Floyd and manny both knew the fight would always be sellable. It had a lot to do with ego and posturing between Both sides. The fight gets made 1 bc Arum and Manny need one last payday period and show time needs to see some dividends from the mayweather contract. The only thing that changed now Manny will humbly bow out and take significantly less to make more than anything he has on the horizon.

Comment

Even so, Floyd still won't fight Pac. Keep in mind Arum is still in the picture til the end of 2014.

But then Pac didn't renew his TR contract, so the fight might get made in 2015 since Pac would be a free agent. I doubt Pac would accept $20mil for a Floyd fight even if Arum's not in the picture.

If Pac is free from Arum and fight isn't made, who's fault should it be if the offer to Pac is $20mil?

Comment

Manny would fight him for free these days. I'm sure of it.

Comment

There's a difference between someone stating their OPINION and when someone is stating facts.

The OP's post is full of unsubstantiated opinion that even contradict what Pac has stated. ("He will not leave Arum just to fight Floyd") So what is the need or basis of another Floyd\Pac thread (1k + & counting)???

Comment

Beating a dead horse again. This is not about money or Arum or any silly excuse. This is about health. Guys we need to move on. No amount of money will make Money Mayweather fight Pacquiao. He's scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama2.0 View Post
              Where are you floydiot alt sleeping from when Pac announced he will fight Mayweather for free (for a charity)? In maggot hole?

Comment

Working...
              X