Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruiserweight is an exciting and competitive division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rakhim Chakhkiev has been declared Mateusz Masternak's mandatory for the European Cruiserweight title.

http://allboxing.ru/archives/2013-01-15_17_47.html

Comment

I saw three CW fights last year: Hernandez/Cunningham, Huck/Afolabi, and Tarver/Kayode. Really enjoyed the first, was mildly entertained by the second, and the third was disappointing. Huck gives me this cave-man vibe, maybe I just have to watch more of his fights, but I don't enjoy his style.

Comment

I think Chambers going down to cruiser makes it a much more interesting division.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Rakhim Chakhkiev has been declared Mateusz Masternak's mandatory for the European Cruiserweight title.
          This fight will be a candidate to Fight of the Year

Comment

I would take Masternak and Chakhkiev over any of the current champs...maybe not Lebedev. Would be a great fight if it happens, dont know tho, Rakhim would rather fight Wlodarczyk for WBC.

Comment

Looks like Don King is trying to make a Lebedev-Jones, Afolabi-Huck cruiserweight doubleheader in Moscow.

http://www.ringpolska.pl/boks-na-swi...ones-w-moskwie

Comment

People are actually choosing Marco Huck? LOL

He got a gift against Arslan. A gift against Lebedev and a gift against Ola. He's very one-dimensional.

Hernandez and Lebedev are the two best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                  People are actually choosing Marco Huck? LOL

He got a gift against Arslan. A gift against Lebedev and a gift against Ola. He's very one-dimensional.

Hernandez and Lebedev are the two best.
                  I was rooting for Afolabi hard both times. However I don't believe he won either fight. IMO both had surprisingly good scorecards.

Huck robbed Lebedev and Arslan, true. However he's fought by far the most top tenners, and was the most active titleholder in boxing. The Afolabi rematch (a tough fight for him) was 70 days after his failed (on the judges cards, and barely) challenge vs Povetkin. That's unheard of these days.

No doubt he's a caveman. He punches really straight though. And IMO would be odds on favorite vs YPH, who looks vulnerable in every fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X