No announcement yet.

Let's Fix the Search Function - Need Everyone in the Lounge to Contribute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Fix the Search Function - Need Everyone in the Lounge to Contribute

Hey everyone, please post in my thread on the Comments & Suggestions board so we can restore a key functionality to these forums. The more who contribute, the more attention will be drawn to the issue.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=544944

Geez! Is it that serious? (wasn't a sarcastic question) I've never had issues with stuff. You must be trying to look for someone particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
      Geez! Is it that serious? (wasn't a sarcastic question) I've never had issues with stuff. You must be trying to look for someone particular.
      Any word under six letters is filtered, rendering it virtually unusable. Want to search for Mike Tyson? Nope, neither word will register.
      Last edited by Miburo; 04-17-2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        Any word under seven letters is filtered, rendering it virtually unusable. Want to search for Mike Tyson? Nope, neither word will register.
        any word under 6, you can search for 6 letter words, like letter

though you would be unable to search Mike Tyson.

Comment

Ive given up on the search function its pretty useless at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
            Any word under six letters is filtered, rendering it virtually unusable. Want to search for Mike Tyson? Nope, neither word will register.
            Which one are you searching? Username or keywords for post search?

Comment

I agree, I already posted. Maybe a real mod like Reed can bring it up to the powers that be....

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
                Which one are you searching? Username or keywords for post search?
                usernames wouldnt be affected, in the sense of searching for all posts from a specific user.

but if you are looking for all posts where random users are talking about a specific user, then you use the keyword box to search for the user. if the user name is less then 6 letters it dosnt work.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 04-17-2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X