No announcement yet.

Does Lara beat Quillin, Geale, Murray?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    I don't think he beats any of them. Maybe Quillin because he's not so good in the hunter role?

Not convinced Quillin beats Geale either like someone inferred.
    You don't think Quillin beats Geale?

I think he destroys him

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      You don't think Quillin beats Geale?

I think he destroys him
      I see Geale doing what N'Dam did to Quillin, out-working him but without the glass jaw getting dropped 6 times. Quillin spent much of that fight doing nothing while N'Dam won round after round. Geale has a similar kind of work-rate. In saying that, I wouldn't rule out Quillin via TKO either.

Comment

I see Geale doing what N'Dam did to Quillin, out-working him but without the glass jaw getting dropped 6 times. Quillin spent much of that fight doing nothing while N'Dam won round after round. Geale has a similar kind of work-rate. In saying that, I wouldn't rule out Quillin via TKO either.
        Sure Quillin had his times where he was inactive, but I think that's because he knew he could drop/hurt N'dam and was waiting/looking for the big shot. I don't think it was because Quillin lacks cardio or anything. In fact, I remember Quillin fighting at the normal pace for MW's. He's no Joe Calzaghe or anything, but he doesn't fight below the MW round by round punch limit either.

I see Geale trying to throw combo's and mix it up and constantly getting caught en route to being destroyed.

Comment

He definitely beats Geale, no doubt about it. Geale is the weakest link

Not so sure about Murray.... The Quillin fight would be competitive as well
          Quillin did terrible against Rodado and lara is infinitely better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Well Gabe is a good deal bigger than Lara.

So Quillin would probably be the hunter.

That changes how the fight is fought and you can't directly compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Rosado and Lara don't compare stylistically the least bit

Comment

Murray is the one i think could be a little trouble somewhat by the end unless Martinez made him look better than he is in which case nvm.

Comment

He definitely beats Geale, no doubt about it. Geale is the weakest link

Not so sure about Murray.... The Quillin fight would be competitive as well
                  I disagree with that. I think the only thing Quillin has over Lara is a power advantage. Quillin has some big power, he could hurt Lara IF he catches him.

The problem with Quillin is that he doesn't throw a lot of punches, doesn't have a jab and he's flat footed and stationary. You have to be able to cut off the ring on Lara and you have to throw punches. Look what happened with Trout, Trout was trying to box Lara and counter punch with him in the center of the ring, and he got picked apart. The same would happen with Quillin.

Geale I think would be the toughest matchup style wise because Geale is the type of fighter that's going to put combinations together he's going to throw a lot of punches he's going to try and out work his opponent. He'll keep him guessing.

I think Murray is the weakest of the bunch, especially after the last performance he had.

Lara beats all them, but I think Geale would give him the toughest test of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    I disagree with that. I think the only thing Quillin has over Lara is a power advantage. Quillin has some big power, he could hurt Lara IF he catches him.

The problem with Quillin is that he doesn't throw a lot of punches, doesn't have a jab and he's flat footed and stationary. You have to be able to cut off the ring on Lara and you have to throw punches. Look what happened with Trout, Trout was trying to box Lara and counter punch with him in the center of the ring, and he got picked apart. The same would happen with Quillin.

Geale I think would be the toughest matchup style wise because Geale is the type of fighter that's going to put combinations together he's going to throw a lot of punches he's going to try and out work his opponent. He'll keep him guessing.

I think Murray is the weakest of the bunch, especially after the last performance he had.

Lara beats all them, but I think Geale would give him the toughest test of the 3.
                    I'll tell you like I told someone else earlier: if Vanes, Angulo and Freddy Hernandez can catch Lara with clean punches, Quillin most definitely will.

The problem with Geale and his combination punching is: 1) He's not a puncher so he won't hurt Lara with anything; therefore, Lara won't respect his power. 2) Lara is a counter-puncher. He'd pick Geale off easily in the midst of his counter-punching.

I think Murray is very strong. I still have mixed feelings on that fight so I'm going back and forth at the moment

Comment

I don't think he beats any of them. Maybe Quillin because he's not so good in the hunter role?

Not convinced Quillin beats Geale either like someone inferred.
                      weebs, have you seen the lara-trout fight yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X