Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oosthuizen Pulled From 1/18 HBO Show, Released By Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oosthuizen Pulled From 1/18 HBO Show, Released By Promoter

Whatever aspirations Thomas Oosthuizen had in mind for 2014 are quickly a peril less than a week into the New Year.

The unbeaten super middleweight contender has reportedly been pulled from his scheduled January 18 showdown with Eleider Alvarez, and also dropped by Rodney Berman's Golden Gloves Promotions, his local promoter in South Africa.

The bout with Alvarez was slated to air on HBO as the televised chief support of a tripleheader live from Montreal, Canada. Jean Pascal faces Lucian Bute in the main event, while unbeaten heavyweight contender Mike Perez faces Carlos Takam in the televised opener. Both bouts remain intact. [Click Here To Read More]

That might be a blessing in disguise. Alvarez had a good shot at beating him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
      Whatever aspirations Thomas Oosthuizen had in mind for 2014 are quickly a peril less than a week into the New Year.

The unbeaten super middleweight contender has reportedly been pulled from his scheduled January 18 showdown with Eleider Alvarez, and also dropped by Rodney Berman's Golden Gloves Promotions, his local promoter in South Africa.

The bout with Alvarez was slated to air on HBO as the televised chief support of a tripleheader live from Montreal, Canada. Jean Pascal faces Lucian Bute in the main event, while unbeaten heavyweight contender Mike Perez faces Carlos Takam in the televised opener. Both bouts remain intact. [Click Here To Read More]
      TBH Tommy O has looked poor over several bouts now, and had clearly outgrown SMW. I think he'd pretty much reached his ceiling anyway and I couldn't see a move to 175 revitalising his career.

Alvarez is just gonna have to settle for some journeyman or fringe contender this close to fight date - bit of a bummer for him cos I expect he woulda beat Tommy Gun in the shape he's been in his last few outings.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        TBH Tommy O has looked poor over several bouts now, and had clearly outgrown SMW. I think he'd pretty much reached his ceiling anyway and I couldn't see a move to 175 revitalising his career.

Alvarez is just gonna have to settle for some journeyman or fringe contender this close to fight date - bit of a bummer for him cos I expect he woulda beat Tommy Gun in the shape he's been in his last few outings.
        Agreed. I've never been big on him, always felt like he was a hype job forced on us for whatever reason. His win over Marcus Johnson was impressive and a bit unexpected, but will most likely serve as the climax of his career.

Comment

Tommy didnt want any of Alvarez. Hes content calling himself the IBO "World" micky mouse champion. Alvarez on the other hand is a genuine beast with ambitions to win World titles thus he was taking on Tommy in his 14th fite and already beat edison miranda in 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny
            Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeNDaBox

The bout with Alvarez was slated to air on HBO as the televised chief support of a tripleheader live from Montreal, Canada. Jean Pascal faces Lucian Bute in the main event, while unbeaten heavyweight contender Mike Perez faces Carlos Takam in the televised opener. Both bouts remain intact. [ Click Here To Read More]

This is exactly why I saw Alvarez beating him.

I'm not gonna lie, I was high on Tommy Gun but he has greatly let me down lately.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Alvarez is nothing special. He was gassed(weighed in at 181) in two rounds vs the ancient Miranda and barely got the win. Tommy Gun isn't that good either and never earned the hype he got.

Comment

Majorly disappointing. Just when I was getting into his work a few fights ago, he then goes and has the unfortunate string of shitty performances... and now this. :conf3:

He should move up to CW and get into the Cleverly/Bellew/Huck/Hernandez mix. His size seems good enough, but the lack of power will haunt him forever.

Comment

Tommy is still young, but the list of disappointments is starting to grow in a disgusting way.
                  But is he still with Lou? I hope for him, like that maybe can he come to the US full time, find a new trainer and develop like he should have...
                  I was high on him, and still if he start working properly... I mean, the guy is only 25...

Comment

Dude is straight trash...a sloppy boxer who is out of shape more than he is in shape. That last fight, they saved him with the scorecards.

Comment

Working...
                    X