No announcement yet.

Yordan, how was he?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yordan, how was he?

He was Indoensian I hear? The guy that went to a ND with Guerrero. I only caught most of the last fight (Kirkland-Julio) on stream.

What's his record, how did he look? It's not often theres a good Indonesian Boxer.

I forgot his record.. He looked ok, he was giving Guerrero problems, but he did hold alot.

Comment

He looked better than Guerrero that night.

Comment

he aint chris john that's for sure

i dunno...it was only 2 rounds but his hatton-like 'lunge then clinch' style did nothing for me...i dont know if i would have sat thru 12 rounds of that

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          he aint chris john that's for sure

i dunno...it was only 2 rounds but his hatton-like 'lunge then clinch' style did nothing for me...i dont know if i would have sat thru 12 rounds of that
          The fact Guerrero got him holding that much to begin with just from body shots says alot I think. I'd guess Guerrero would have just broken him down eventually. Plus they were in Roberts hometown, so the ref probably would have jumped in and got the guy to stop holdin.

Comment

Originally posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post
            The fact Guerrero got him holding that much to begin with just from body shots says alot I think. I'd guess Guerrero would have just broken him down eventually. Plus they were in Roberts hometown, so the ref probably would have jumped in and got the guy to stop holdin.

dude it was 2 rounds

guerrero didnt even get started yet...i think that's just how yordan fights

watching him fight, it was like a muay thai clinch without the leg kicks or elbows.....he lunges with a hook and he presses his body against his opponent, one arm up and the other hooked under....

although i was disappointed, im kinda glad robert quit

a bloody cut would only drop his output...combine that with yordan's style and you've got 12 rounds of slop

Comment

He looked better than I expected (I wasnt expecting much). Guerrero was beating him, but he wasn't dominating him. Would have been interesting to see how far it would have gone, once the ref cut down on the holding.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                dude it was 2 rounds

guerrero didnt even get started yet...i think that's just how yordan fights

watching him fight, it was like a muay thai clinch without the leg kicks or elbows.....he lunges with a hook and he presses his body against his opponent, one arm up and the other hooked under....

although i was disappointed, im kinda glad robert quit

a bloody cut would only drop his output...combine that with yordan's style and you've got 12 rounds of slop
                Nah I watched a Yordan fight on youtube. He doesn't clinch at all.

I know it was only 2 rounds, but Guerrero opened up with just a shot to Yordan's chest and his whole body folded. Then came the rest of the body work and thats when the clinch fest began.

Yeah it was a nasty cut, I think thats exactly why he didn't continue. He probably thought it was already gonna be a crazy fight and that vagina that opened up above his eye wasn't gonna help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  He was Indoensian I hear? The guy that went to a ND with Guerrero. I only caught most of the last fight (Kirkland-Julio) on stream.

What's his record, how did he look? It's not often theres a good Indonesian Boxer.
                  yordan is a solid boxer... he was difficult enough that the ghost quit instead of continue fighting

Comment

Anybody got a link to the video?

Comment

Working...
                    X